Senior Cloud Engineer
- Expired: December 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Ness Digital Engineering provides strategic IT consulting to global enterprises. Our DevOps and Infrastructure practice provides solutions, methodologies, and strategic guidance for digital transformation, containerization, and automation team offers strong domain expertise and technology acumen to deliver feature-focused solutions.
We solve complex business problems with technology and insight. Our business domain knowledge, technology expertise, and Agile delivery process have delivered seamless Digital Transformations at some of the largest enterprises globally. We're an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, a Premier Confluent Systems Integrator and a Snowflake Select Services Partner.
We are problem-solvers, architects, strategists, implementors, and lifelong learners. We collaborate with each other and with our clients to help them meet their short- and long-term goals. Our culture is open, transparent, challenging, and fun.
We aim to hire engineers who thrive in an open-ended environment, and who want to figure out what needs to be done and take ownership in delivering results.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Analyze clients' existing infrastructures & software environments
- Prepare cloud migration plans and lead the implementation of those plans
- Automate deployment and lifecycle management using orchestrators such as AWS CloudFormation or Hashicorp Terraform
- Automate application configuration using CM tools such as Ansible Playbooks, SaltStack formulas or Kubernetes Templates / Helm Charts
- Monitor infrastructure and applications using tools such as Splunk, Graylog, Grafana, TICK, or Prometheus
- Create CI/CD pipelines using cloud-native tools, or best-of-breed tools such as Jenkins
- Be immersed in a continual learning environment, adopting new techniques, patterns, and tools
- Complete certifications and accreditations, advancing your technical skills and overall career
All candidates must have:
- A bachelor's degree in something interesting, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years' experience as a DevOps/System/Network Engineer automating infrastructure, deployment, network, configuration, or testing processes
- Deep knowledge of Linux / Unix or Windows systems administration
- Deep familiarity with AWS offerings
- Experience with automation/configuration management using SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, or similar
- Kubernetes development and administration experience, preferably in both cloud-native and self-hosted environments
- Solid scripting skills (Python, Bash/KSH/ZSH)
- Self-driven desire to continuously learn new technologies and skills, and solve tough problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
In addition, ideal candidates will also have experience with:
- DevOps Engineering in an Enterprise setting
- Large deployments on Azure, Google Compute, OpenStack
- Creating pipelines, managing pools of agents, tracking artifacts, etc.
- Automated Testing and/or Test Data Management
- Containerization technologies and best practices
- Interacting directly with clients in a consulting capacity
- Experience working in a distributed work environment
Ness provides to all employees:
- Flexible work environment with a globally distributed team
- Competitive compensation packages including performance bonuses
- Paid vacation and sick time off
- Employer-subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- A culture of cooperation and support
- Continual professional and personal development through employer-paid training and certifications
Ness Digital Engineering
TechnologyView all jobs at Ness Digital Engineering
Get fresh Cloud Devops Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.