Are you intrigued by the application of machine learning to the largest energy sector in the world? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop a company’s technological backbone from the ground up? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
We are a fast-growing venture-backed energy technology startup that needs a DevOps Engineer who can help us further the vision of Nesh. Nesh is a Smart Assistant for Oil and Gas that can answer complex and technical questions about Oilfield operations in a simple and conversational way. Think of her like Alexa, Siri or J.A.R.V.I.S but for enterprise applications starting with Oil and Gas. Nesh has generated a lot of buzz in the Oil and Gas Industry including super-excited clients. We've also partnered with some prominent energy and tech accelerators in Texas.
Nesh is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us improve on our deployment process, grow our testing environments, plan for future growth, and generally make our lives easier. A good candidate will first and foremost have an extremely strong passion for learning and can iterate and adapt quickly. Additionally, this candidate will have experience maintaining and improving a SaaS infrastructure within cloud-based platforms like AWS. They should be able to code, test, and debug issues through the full stack. This role will take on an equal responsibility as the developers in product design and planning, so you’ll need to be able to fully understand the software. Where necessary, this person will need to be able to build out internal tools for the rest of us to use as well.
This role will report to the CTO and work directly with the rest of the development, product team, and potentially customers as well. You’ll participate in each phase of development from idea to customer delivery. Since we are a very small team you’ll have a lot of freedom as well as a lot of responsibility to help us grow a quality product.
- Build and manage a test environment that includes everything from unit tests all the way to customer acceptance testing.
- Automate monitoring and alerting of production services health.
- Assist in the architecture, design, and maintenance of the product infrastructure and deployments.
- Analyze the technology stack and make recommendations for further improvements as well as identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated.
- Act in the capacity to support deployment and operations when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, or accessed.
- Move quickly and independently within our small team. Changes happen fast and you thrive on the uncertainty around that.
- You know how to work well planning with multiple groups, but can also manage your own productivity well. You’re looking to grow yourself and our product on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with product development and customers on weekly sprint cycles and daily stand-ups.
- Provide continuing documentation for all processes, procedures, and changes.
- Have a Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent with 2+ years of experience working in a commercial web development environment
- Experience working with web application frameworks end to end
- Experience deploying projects to AWS, Azure, or other cloud platforms
- Experience with the build, release, and configuration cycle of production systems
- Familiar with system monitoring tools (at least AWS CloudWatch)
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Bitbucket Pipelines
Good To Have
- Building test automation for web applications
- Relational and NoSQL databases (Graph databases is a plus)
- Container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
At Nesh, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Nesh is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.