Are you intrigued by the application of machine learning to the largest energy sector in the world? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop a company’s technological backbone from the ground up? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
We are a fast-growing venture-backed energy technology startup that needs a Back-End Software Engineer who can help us further the vision of Nesh. Nesh is a Smart Assistant for Oil and Gas that can answer complex and technical questions about Oilfield operations in a simple and conversational way. Think of her like Alexa, Siri or J.A.R.V.I.S but for enterprise applications starting with Oil and Gas. Nesh has generated a lot of buzz in the Oil and Gas Industry including super-excited clients. We've also partnered with some prominent energy and tech accelerators in Texas.
Nesh is looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to help us grow our vision, plan for future growth, and make great efficient code. A good candidate will first and foremost have an extremely strong passion for learning and can iterate and adapt quickly. Additionally, this candidate will have strong experience maintaining and improving back-end code, RESTful APIs, and various types of databases. At the same time, they are able to test and debug issues through the full stack when necessary.
This role will report to the CTO and work directly with the rest of the development, product team, and potentially customers as well. You’ll participate in each phase of development from idea to customer delivery. Since we are a very small team you’ll have a lot of freedom as well as a lot of responsibility to help us grow a quality product.
- Develop deep expertise of the product, taking charge of a good portion of our technology stack over your first couple of months.
- Assume responsibility for programming, testing, deployment, documentation, and support of whatever you create.
- You love automation. From development to testing to deployment, if it only needs to be done once, that’s the way it should be.
- You’ll be passionate about our product and want it to grow with the highest quality standards both internally and for our end-facing customers.
- Move quickly and independently within our small team. Changes happen fast and you thrive on the uncertainty around that.
- You know how to work well planning with multiple groups, but can also manage your own productivity well. You’re looking to grow yourself and our product on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with product development and customers on weekly sprint cycles and daily stand-ups.
Technologies We Use
- Python scripting and object-oriented development.
- Python web-app frameworks like Flask/Django and creation of API endpoints
- Multiple data sources including relational, NoSQL, and Elasticsearch
- Cloud computing deployment with platforms like AWS
- NLP services like Amazon Lex or DialogFlow
- Bachelors degree in CS or equivalent with 2+ years of experience working in a commercial web development environment
- Excellent knowledge in back end web development, object-oriented programming, and a solid overall understanding of web frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of databases, both relations and NoSQL (bonus if you’ve worked with graph databases)
- Thorough knowledge of testing and deployment process and a huge fan of best practices in programming and continuous integration
- Excellent communication skills and great attention to detail
- Ability to manage your own productivity concurrently with incoming tasks from multiple projects.
- Bonus if you've worked on NLP or with NLP services before
At Nesh, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Nesh is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.