- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nesbitt Construction is seeking an experienced, full-time, Construction Superintendent for commercial, government, and light industrial projects. The Superintendent position requires a high level of construction knowledge and clear communication with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors/Suppliers, and other team members in order to complete projects efficiently.
The Superintendent plans and ensures the successful completion of specific projects as assigned by management. The position is responsible for all activities on the construction site to ensure quality, budgets, and safety goals are met by daily documentation and scheduling future activities.
· Study plans, specifications, and addenda to gain understanding of project in order to:
o Direct and oversee daily construction activities of subcontractors and staff
o Coordinate subcontractors and manpower needs to maintain project schedule
o Coordinate with Project Manager for material ordering and delivery
o Review work-in-place for compliance with contract documents
o Assist in finding solutions to complex field problems
o Schedule necessary permit and third-party inspections at appropriate phases
o Minimize labor and material expenses and closely adhere to project budget
o Document daily activities of field labor, subcontractors, and track as-built conditions
· Perform aspects of layout; demolition; framing; hardware; general carpentry; various equipment operation
· Promote safe working environment by implementing OSHA safety regulations
· Attend site meetings with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Inspectors etc
· At least 5 years of documented experience as Superintendent on commercial projects
· OSHA 10 or 30-hour Certification
· Knowledge of Building Codes and Standards
· Attention to Detail
· Interpersonal Communication and Supervisory skills
· Valid Driver’s License
Position & Location
Position is a full-time Superintendent position (40 hours per week) working in the Springfield MO area. Ideal candidate shall be interested in long-term employment with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Salary & Benefits
Compensation negotiable based on experience. Benefits include Health Insurance; Company Truck; Fuel Card; Paid Vacation
E-Mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nesbitt Construction Inc
1400 E St Louis StSpringfield, MO
Get fresh Construction Superintendant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.