NeoCoil, LLC is a leader in MRI coils and imaging accessories designed for better patient comfort and experience. Our focus, through innovation and precision, is to engineer and manufacture the highest quality coils and accessories for the medical industry. We are seeking an experienced MR Hardware Test Engineer to join our team.
In this role, you will assume responsibility for test activities in all phases of new product introductions and sustaining engineering initiatives. The MR Hardware Test Engineer designs, produces, executes, and maintains test plans, trace matrices and reports; and documents and tracks defects. In addition, the MR Hardware Test Engineer analyzes test results and leverages troubleshooting skills to assist with identifying root cause, and conducts re-testing after defects are addressed. This position will be part of the engineering team.
- Analyze and review system and sub-system specifications to ensure input requirements can be tested with sufficient accuracy.
- Plan test execution including defining tasks, resource requirements, test events, test configurations, hardware planning, test facility selection, coordination, and all appropriate documentation in accordance with the quality management system and project needs.
- Author detailed test plans, test procedures, trace matrices and test reports that evaluate systems and sub-systems against documented mechanical, electrical, software, and user requirements.
- Drive and determine appropriate verification methods and success criteria.
- Develop methods to efficiently process test data.
- Ensure the execution of well-documented test-setups, equipment calibrations, and test fixture qualification.
- Actively participate in technical design reviews, data reviews, risk management and other project meetings.
- Ensure complete, accurate data records and maintain detailed logs.
- Work with quality, engineering and other functions as appropriate to detect, document and resolve defects.
- Make recommendations for regression testing, and re-qualification test plans and requirements.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Engineering and 1-3 years’ testing experience in the medical device industry OR an Associates’ degree in a technical field (electronics/electrical or mechanical) and 5-10 years’ experience in an engineering related position within the medical device field.
- Requires the capability to work in an MRI environment.
- Familiarity with the use of electronic measurement equipment, including digital multi-meter, network analyzer, etc a plus.
- Adherence to process discipline, good documentation practices and quality requirements.
- Effective communication skills to report test results and recommend improvements.
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
- Demonstrated skills in proactively identifying, facilitating and driving closure to issues.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines and commitments with minimal oversight.
- Familiarity with FDA design controls, other medical device regulations and applicable standards.
- Skills/experience in X-Ray and/or MR advantageous.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access and Outlook.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Flexible style, receptive to change, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, adjusts with ease, manages competing demands.
- Analytical/Detail-Oriented - Collects and researches data, synthesizes complex or diverse information, creates tools to analyze information to support business decisions. Thoroughly reviews work and fixes mistakes quickly.
- Collaboration/Consulting - Enlists active participation of others to solve problems. Works collaboratively to develop possible solutions and provide guidance to others in analyzing and solving problems.
- Critical Thinking - Disciplined thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded and informed by evidence. Examines assumptions, reflective thinking by applying, analyzing and synthesizing information.
- Results Oriented/Drive for Results - Directs behavior to emphasize the achievement of organization goals and core values.
Physical demands: While performing duties of the job, manual dexterity with hands, employee is regularly required to type, sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
If you are interested in joining a growing organization with a vision for the future, please send us your resume. We are a fast-paced work environment, offering competitive compensation, family-friendly benefits and so much more. Please visit www.neocoil.com for more information. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to email@example.com
NeoCoil LLC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. NeoCoil participates in E-Verify.