As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children - even those who may never enter our doors - through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) is responsible for providing and coordinating direct and indirect primary pediatric care to patients and their families in the outpatient, ambulatory care setting, using a case management approach, and utilizing appropriate services and support.
- Provides and coordinates primary health care for children from birth to eighteen years of age. Provides telephone consultation and triage for patients during the normal working hours and during scheduled on-call rotations.
- Maintains a current knowledge base through participation in appropriate professional activities, conferences and organizations. Disseminates nursing and medical research findings and incorporates these findings into primary pediatric practice.
- Maintains patient records which accurately reflect management of care.
- Performs appropriate assessment including history taking, physical examination and developmental assessment of child.
- Diagnoses and treats common childhood illnesses, and follows up to evaluate response to treatment. Uses prescriptive authority if appropriately credentialed to do so.
- Participates in Quality Improvement programs and works with department management to improve the services provided.
- Utilizes appropriate medical staff for purposes of consultation and referral when necessary.
- Identifies child/family need for further resources and initiates appropriate referrals. Collaborates with other health care professionals and community agencies in a team approach to comprehensive care.
- Provides anticipatory guidance and patient and family teaching based on identification of learning needs.
- Acts as a role model to other members of the health care team. Serves as a consultant for colleagues when appropriate both intra- and extra-departmentally, and in the community.
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- At least 6 months of previous experience, Pediatric Primary Care experience preferred
- Current Registered License in the State of Delaware
- Current Advanced Practice Nurse license in the State of Delaware with prescriptive authority
- MD or DO
- Board eligible or certified in General Pediatrics
- Eligible for unrestricted Delaware medical license and DEA
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique "Bridge to a Healthy Future" pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.