Nemean Solutions Baltimore, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Nemean Solutions is seeking a fully qualified Junior Writer. Work is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), near lovely Baltimore.
These are contingent upon award.
Create and curate the content necessary for the weekly publication of the APG News newsletter and its website, as outlined by the Aberdeen Proving Ground Public Affairs Office (APG PAO) and Appendix A. The Commander or the PAO will provide oversight and final approval authority for all APG NEWS content created IAW this PWS. Do not publish any content without obtaining final approval authority.
- Create and curate the editorial content necessary for the APG NEWS website and APG News newsletter as well as the CECOM Dash. This content includes, but is not limited to news and feature stories, personnel profiles, and Q&As.
- Ensure each page of the APG NEWS website includes the following disclaimer: "The appearance of advertising on this webpage does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Army or the Department of Defense."
- Take or curate the photographs and associated captions necessary to accompany the editorial content of the weekly publication of the APG NEWS.
- Supply access to a stock photography service. The contractor shall, when needed, create graphics and illustrations for the APG NEWS.
- Create and curate the editorial content necessary for the APG NEWS website. This content includes, but is not limited to, news stories, features, profiles, photographs, videos, and other multimedia products.
- Capture or curate the photographs, video footage and audio footage necessary to accompany the editorial content of the APG NEWS website.
- Supply access to a stock photography service.
- Write the social media posts necessary to promote APG NEWS editorial content on Aberdeen Proving Ground and U.S. Army Communications-Electrons Command social media platforms.
- Create content specifically for APG and CECOM social media pages that may or may not appear in the print or digital version of the APG NEWS.
- Create the webpage design and layout necessary for the weekly publication of the APG NEWS newsletter, and special editions.
- Follow APG NEWS page design standards and branding guidelines as outlined by the APG PAO in Appendix A.
- Meet all deadlines outlined by APG PAO in Appendix A.
- Furnish the necessary computer, camera and printing equipment and software required to produce the APG News and its website as outlined by the APG PAO in Appendix A, unless already provided.
- Bachelor's degree. (Degree in mass communications, journalism, or a related field preferred) (2 additional years' experience in journalism can substitute for degree)
- 8 years of applicable experience in researching, writing, and reporting news stories for newspaper, website, or social media reporting venues.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of people, from children to senior military leaders.
- Must be able to write and report accurately and meet weekly deadlines.
- Must be familiar with the use of Microsoft Office Suite and newspaper production software, taking and editing photos with a digital cam
Nemean Solutions is a SBA certified 8(a) company and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Sierra Vista, AZ and near the customer location. You will have direct access to the corporate leadership and will have our full support in accomplishing this important mission for our customer. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a professional and safe work environment, with a wonderful team. We hope you join us and be part of the pride.
For more information please visit www.nemeansolutions.com
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
EducationView all jobs at Nemean Solutions