Nemadji Manufacturing LLC in Osceola, Wisconsin is North America's largest CO2 hemp processing facility. We proudly partner with hemp farmers from around the world to increase the value of their harvest.
From our state-of-the-art GMP-certified plant, we produce the purest and highest quality bulk CBD and CBD-infused CPGs using our own, proprietary leading technology. We believe in the efficacy of CBD across a multitude of consumer-facing application and take a global perspective, with customers across North America, Europe, the middle east and Asia. Nemadji also manufactures consumer packaged goods, including several proprietary brands and multiple products for many customers.
The Senior Accountant/Analyst performs professional accounting and administrative work involved in the daily organization, operation, and supervision of the University's accounting and budgeting system. The Senior Accountant/Analyst exercises independent judgment and discretion in planning and carrying out the details of work procedures and methods. The Senior Accountant/Analyst’s work is primarily reviewed through normal accounting and budgeting systems and audits.
· Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable
· Producing error-free accounting reports and present their results
· Analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field is required.
Experience: At least three years of experience in accounting, business planning/operations, or financial analysis is required. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
Skills: High aptitude in accountancy and a good understanding of computers and their functions in accounting are required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required
We are looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of accountants and junior accountants.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
· Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
· Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
· Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
· Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
· Organize data from units; keep an update on reports, and examine statistical facts to determine errors and rectify them, and carry out review of general content
· Provide technical support and advice on Management Accountant.
· Offer advanced analysis and review of financial transactions for troubleshooting and correcting errors in the organization’s financial system
· Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
· Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
· Provide input into department’s goal setting process
· Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
· Assist with tax audits and tax returns
· Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
· Plan, assign and review staff’s work
· Support month-end and year-end close process
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
· Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
· Stays current with computer technologies and regularly seeks to implement process improvements through available technologies.
The Senior Accountant/Analyst is supervised by the CFO and may, besides regular supervision of the accounting department, supervise clerks, temporary employees and Interns in the department.
· Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
· Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
· In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Awareness of business trends
· Familiarity with financial accounting statements
· Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
· Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Expandable and QuickBooks
· Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
· BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
· Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
· Relevant certification (e.g. CMA or CPA) will be preferred