Direct HIre opportunity!
As the Distribution Center Manager you will manage the distribution team and overseeing all Warehouse Operations in the United States.
Location: Sonoma County
Compensation: Generous Compensation Plan.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Food Safety, OSHA, and other regulations applicable to the warehousing and distribution.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and maintaining standard operating procedures and recording keeping for internal and 3rd party warehouses to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assure compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) warehousing and storage requirements.
- Including, but not limited to: Workplace Safety, Preventive Controls for Human Food Preventive Controls - Food Safety Plan, cGMP’s, HACCP, Process Preventative Control, Sanitation, Supply Chain Controls, Verification and Validation Procedures, and Record keeping.
- Oversee 3rd party consultants/audits and inspections for the continued development and success of programs.
- Develop, document, and implement SOP’s for facilities inventory tracking systems, FIFO maintenance, traceability, product hold/disposals, recall procedures and pick/pack/ship operations, inbound receiving procedures in coordination with logistics and inventory managers.
- Develop, document, and implement SOPs for facility recall procedures
- Protect physical assets by monitoring and verifying operation of various systems or departments, including facility security systems and alarm status; ensure proper protocols are in place for visitors.
- Responsible for facility maintenance programs; including organic pest control programs and cleaning schedules.
- Ensure compliance with DOT and other safety regulatory agencies, as well as maintaining the material handling equipment and ensuring that all warehouse personnel are certified on equipment.
- Collaborate with Quality, Compliance and Regeneration departments to integrate standards and goals into warehouse programs, including but not limited to organic, fair trade and B-Corp standards.
- Responsible for ensuring employee training and compliance with certifications, wage/hour laws, union rules and regulations, local state and Federal food safety regulations and OSHA compliance.
- Coordinates with quality control to maintain quality standards; takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Performs onsite inspections to ensure programs are maintained onsite.
- Lead warehouse management systems implementation, audits, inspections, and reviews for compliance with established policies.
Strong knowledge of regulatory compliance, ideally in consumer products industry such as Food, Beverage or Wine Industry.
Demonstrated ability to supervise, evaluate, and motivate team members.
Strong organizational, systems thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
This position is a salary position with pay DOE and full benefits in a collaborative and sustainable workplace