Production Supervisor – Swing shift
Global Manufacturer is looking for a Supervisor to add to their growing team!
Provide daily production floor supervision for team-oriented production activities of all associates assigned to the department. Achieve production targets at specified quality levels within budgeted costs. Maintain and smoothly operate a safe working environment. Work with Engineering and Maintenance in team approach to constantly improve efficiency and productivity through training, (people development) and process re-engineering. Maintain high morale, positive attitudes, and ethical behavior among operators, supervisors and support personnel.
- Provide daily production floor supervision for team-oriented production activities by assuring adequate and efficient availability and staging of raw materials, component parts and direct labor to smoothly achieve production targets on time and on budget.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and train subordinates. Establish performance measures. Review and document individual job performance and attendance of department personnel.
- Promote cross-training for operational efficiency and individual advancement.
- Maintain high morale among department personnel.
- Ensure that material and labor resources are deployed in a manner conducive to optimal production of required finished goods. Control variances.
- Ensure that finished goods are consistently manufactured in accordance with production and quality standards and specifications.
- Maintain work areas in a safe and orderly manner through constant monitoring and proper direction of department personnel.
- Complete all administrative assignments timely and accurately, as required.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Develop problem solving skills and promote team decision making.
- Recommend operational and cost saving improvements.
- Initiate and address problems and key issues in timely and diplomatic manner. Follow-up to ensure resolution is achieved.
Skills and Experience
- High School plus additional training equal to two years of college.
- 3 years of manufacturing experience including one year as lead person.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated team-player with good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- PC proficient using a database and MS Word and Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective problem analysis and problem resolution skills required.
Compensation: DOE plus terrific benefits