The Accounts Payable Specialist will perform and support all activities with the AP processes.
- Process invoices and expense reports (over 100 per day).
- Assist in the execution of the month-end close, account reconciliations and maintenance of journal entry logs.
- Update the cash flow forecast, and prepare the month-end expense accrual.
- Apply a solid understanding of expense coding to ensure that actual expenses are properly captured on the financial statements.
- Perform monthly reviews and quarterly audits of expense accounts to ensure accuracy and timely resolution of any issues.
- Review vendor invoices, vouchers, client refund requests, and check requests for completeness, accurate coding and approval in accordance with the DOA prior to entry for payment.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or accounting is preferred.
- 3-4 years of progressively responsible work in accounting is required.
- Knowledge of GAAP is required.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting controls is required.
- Must have strong systems skills, including experience working with mid-level accounting packages and reporting packages/query tools, (Excel, Access, Open Systems Accounting Software) - Preferred: Excel pivot tables and write large queries for large data sets
- Requires strong communication skills, able to interface with all levels in the organization
- Ability to analyze account variances and business processes, then effectively communicate results.
- Strong computer skills and sses sound judgement.
- Performs duties in a busy standard office environment with moderate noise level.
- Sits or stands at a desk during scheduled shift, reaching as needed to use office equipment.
- Makes and returns calls using an office phone system.
- Views a computer monitor, types on a keyboard and uses a mouse.
- Reads and comprehends information in electronic (computer) or paper form (written/printed).
- Types frequently, but not constantly, using a keyboard and mouse.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor's degree with a related degree, or an equivalent competence gained through a combination of education and experience.
- This position requires a minimum of 2-4 years with relevant GL accounting experience.
- Experience in general ledger/financial analysis
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with mid to upper tier Accounting software programs and advanced knowledge of Excel (Formulas, Templates, V-Look ups, Pivot Tables).
Employment Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position and authorization to work in the United States is required prior to employment.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.