Customer Service Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for processing incoming purchase orders from all channels, while ensuring pricing, promos, allowances and lead times are correct and working with the sales team, brokers and customers if they are not. This role is the point of contact for all customer, broker and sales team service issues and questions, ensuring that all matters are addressed in a timely manner.
• Process all purchase orders (POs) within 24 hours of receipt, ensuring pricing, promos, allowances and lead times are all correct to avoid deductions/returns or pursue revisions or approvals where POs do not comply with established protocols. Integrate and validate EDI POs.
• Prepare accurate invoices that reflect, where applicable, established allowance, discounts, special language, etc., and that necessary backup is attached that supports the revisions or exceptions.
• Ensure customer/broker/sales team questions and issues are taken care of accurately and in a timely manner.
• Generate reports as required to support customer service activities, (i.e.: Short Report, Booked Report, and Open Order Report according to reporting schedule.
• Execute against Customer Service projects as assigned
• Participate and contribute to continuous improvement activities within the department
• Provide backup support to other Customer Service reps and Samples room when needed
• Maintain SOPs and Customer Master records related to assigned accounts and activities
• Resolve customer deductions by investigating issues and providing supporting documents as needed
• 3-5 years’ of general office and customer service experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Experience processing POs highly recommended
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English required. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must
• Fast, efficient data entry skills required. Type a minimum of 50 WPM and 10-key by touch. High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Nelson StaffingWhy Work Here?
TEMP TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY IN A GREAT LOCATION
About Nelson: If you're looking for a new opportunity, the recruiting and staffing experts at Nelson can help. We work with companies of all types and sizes across all industries. We help people like you find exciting roles with employers ranging from Fortune 100, government, and nonprofit organizations to local businesses, industry leaders, and the most agile start-ups. The candidates we work with appreciate our responsive approach, genuine relationships, and exceptional service. With a commitment to transparency, authenticity, and credibility, we look forward to our jobs every day, and we're excited to help you find the job you've been looking for. Nelson is an EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
AddressAmerican Canyon, CA