PUBLIC RELATIONS SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Nelson Schmidt Inc. Milwaukee, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We Deliver Customers.® Nelson Schmidt Inc. is an independent full-service marketing agency with offices in downtown Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin. As one of the Top 200 Marketing Agencies of 2019 according to Chief Marketer, Nelson Schmidt serves U.S. and international clients within select considered purchase industries. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network, ANA and PRSA. For more information visit www.NelsonSchmidt.com.
You are always thinking one step ahead. You know what makes news, you can spot a hook in any story. That’s why you’re an ideal candidate for Nelson Schmidt’s growing public relations practice as a senior account executive. You know great media relations and how to lead and inspire your colleagues in ways that drive results. Our team members are creative and multi-disciplined. You do more than pitch, you write; you don’t just know news, you know content. Sure, you’re well versed in social media platforms and strategies, but you also have strong roots in traditional public relations thinking. You love a day where you’ll talk tech features with a trade pub in the morning and research industry trends in the afternoon as you prep for planning. And you’re precise about tracking and measuring your work because you know great public relations can deliver significant impact. Clients love working with you because you’re professional, you understand their needs and you consistently deliver great work. For you, you know how to master the small stuff effectively to make room for the strategic ideas that help grow our practice and our clients’ business.That’s why we should meet. We want you to bring your five or more years of public relations experience and excellent verbal, writing and editing skills to Nelson Schmidt. Oh, and if you love any kind of gaming, pets or brewing (coffee or beer), you might want to rush that application.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Key Responsibilities Include
- Serve as a daily liaison with clients and the media, connecting through email, social platforms or editors’ preferred software tools.
- Use outstanding writing skills to develop pitches, bylined articles, press releases, press kit materials, blog posts, social media activations and other compelling content.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires and blogs for opportunities for clients.
- Researching and developing creative story angles and writing in different brand voices, across different platforms including, but not exclusively, social media.
- Managing project timelines across multiple client accounts and preparing regular status updates/reports for client meetings and calls.
- Work as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement various public relations tactics.
- Provide direction to junior team members on all public relations tactics as outlined by the public relations account supervisor and director.
- Assist with mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work cohesively with other departments within the agency to ensure a successful integrated marketing approach.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Key Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- Five or more years of public relations experience as a working public relations professional, journalist or content creator. B2B experience a strong plus.
- Superb storyteller.
- Ability to grasp complex issues across multiple industries within tight deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and seek collaborative solutions.
- Effective communicator with clients and team members.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented, and familiarity with AP style.
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Proven understanding and effective use of social media platforms and communications tools.
- Proven understanding of developing estimates and managing budgets.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(K) plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.
Powered by JazzHR
Nelson Schmidt Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Nelson Schmidt Inc.