Nelson Partners Property Management Orem, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nelson Partners is a student housing company with over $700 million in assets under management and growing rapidly. We offer the opportunity to grow with the company with a career path that can offer you years of development and room to stretch. We also offer a very generous benefits package with excellent PTO and holiday flexibility, and competitive performance-based bonuses.
A Leasing Agent is responsible for coordinating the community’s marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Entrata), and spreadsheet management programs to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions and calculate percent to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Social Media, Google, and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people and engage them throughout the sales process.
- Proficiency in sales techniques.
- Plan, attend, and implement marketing strategy at housing fairs, open houses, orientation, and other property events as well as local marketing events.
- Provide feedback and ideas to improve property marketing plans, calendars, and marketing timelines as well as additional marketing opportunities.
- Provide weekly report updates to Manager every Thursday.
- Attend and participate in property meetings alongside the Manager.
- The strategic execution, review, and collaboration of monthly marketing plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of marketing mediums and provide recommendations as related to marketing budgets.
- Complete and assist with property market surveys, university profiles, and housing cost analysis as needed.
- Implementation of social media and online marketing campaigns.
- Provide an inventory of marketing collateral, printed materials, and promotional items.
- Respond to after-hour lock outcalls (except for emergency calls).
- Route emergency calls to the proper department.
- Maintain ongoing communication with university departments (athletic department, international student organizations, transfer office, orientation office, off‐campus housing office, etc.) to facilitate marketing relationships.
- Report on time to your shift.
- Ensure confidentiality of client, resident, and company information.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings and any individual or emergency meetings.
- Understand and adhere to the Nelson Partners policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment.
- Report time and attendance.
- Assist with roommate matching, transfers, and move-ins.
- Understand the lease document and all related addendums and be able to communicate to residents, prospective residents, and parents all relevant information.
- Participate in all move-in and move-out related activities.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Understand the needs and expectations of residents, prospective residents, clients, and vendors and exceed their expectations
- Develop a sense of community among the residents and staff
- Maintain active and effective communication with residents, parents, and university personnel
- Contribute to the monthly newsletter and resident communications
- Maintain a positive community environment for both residents and associates and encourage participation in events and activities
- Assist in mediation and resolution of resident conflicts by helping the respect for and appreciation of individual differences
- Walk each apartment before the move in to ensure that the units are clean and ready for move-in
- Assist in keeping the community clean by surveying common areas regularly and reporting any concerns and / or helping to clean up when necessary
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Must display strong leadership skills and the ability to solve day to day problems
- Strong internet, word processing, and spreadsheet skills
High School diploma, GED, or related experience and training.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.