- Posted: over a month ago
Nelson Partners is a student housing company with over $700 million in assets under management and growing rapidly. We offer the opportunity to grow with the company with a career path that can offer you years of development and room to stretch. We also offer a very generous benefits package with excellent PTO and holiday flexibility, and competitive performance-based bonuses.
A Leasing Agent is responsible for coordinating the community's marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management software (preferably Entrata), and spreadsheet management programs to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions and calculate percent to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Social Media, Google, and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people and engage them throughout the sales process.
Proficiency in sales techniques.
- Plan, attend, and implement marketing strategy at housing fairs, open houses, orientation, and other property events as well as local marketing events.
- Provide feedback and ideas to improve property marketing plans, calendars, and marketing timelines as well as additional marketing opportunities.
- Provide weekly report updates to Manager every Thursday.
- Attend and participate in property meetings alongside the Manager.
- The strategic execution, review, and collaboration of monthly marketing plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of marketing mediums and provide recommendations as related to marketing budgets.
- Complete and assist with property market surveys, university profiles, and housing cost analysis as needed.
- Implementation of social media and online marketing campaigns.
- Provide an inventory of marketing collateral, printed materials, and promotional items.
- Respond to after-hour lock outcalls (except for emergency calls).
- Route emergency calls to the proper department.
- Maintain ongoing communication with university departments (athletic department, international student organizations, transfer office, orientation office, off‐campus housing office, etc.) to facilitate marketing relationships.
- Report on time to your shift.
- Ensure confidentiality of client, resident, and company information.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings and any individual or emergency meetings.
- Understand and adhere to the Nelson Partners policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment.
- Report time and attendance.
- Assist with roommate matching, transfers, and move-ins.
- Understand the lease document and all related addendums and be able to communicate to residents, prospective residents, and parents all relevant information.
- Participate in all move-in and move-out related activities.
- Manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Understand the needs and expectations of residents, prospective residents, clients, and vendors and exceed their expectations
- Develop a sense of community among the residents and staff
- Maintain active and effective communication with residents, parents, and university personnel
- Contribute to the monthly newsletter and resident communications
- Maintain a positive community environment for both residents and associates and encourage participation in events and activities
- Assist in mediation and resolution of resident conflicts by helping the respect for and appreciation of individual differences
- Walk each apartment before the move in to ensure that the units are clean and ready for move-in
- Assist in keeping the community clean by surveying common areas regularly and reporting any concerns and / or helping to clean up when necessary
- Flexibility; ability to work evening and weekend hours as some weekend hours are required.
- Superior customer service and communication skills
- Must display strong leadership skills and the ability to solve day to day problems
- Strong internet, word processing, and spreadsheet skills
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or higher is required.
- One (1) to (2) years of prior successfully demonstrated Leasing Agent experience is required; student housing industry preferred.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities without notice.
Compensation: $14.25 - $17.50 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to Nelson Partners
Nelson Partners is a nationally recognized real estate investment firm specializing in developing, acquiring and managing high quality purpose-built student housing properties throughout the U.S.
Aligning Our Strategic Investment Opportunities With Your Investment Goals!
Why Nelson Partners?
We strive to provide exceptional service and personal care from an experienced team of professionals.
We specialize in developing, acquiring and managing quality purpose-built student housing assets.
Proven Expertise & Management
We perform high-level on-going due diligence on every property we're involved in and have over 1,200 investors in our 1031 exchange programs.
Real Estate Acquisitions
We're continually growing our portfolio through the strategic acquisition of opportunistic student housing.
Currently manage 18 properties in 11 states across the U.S.
Successfully developed millions of dollars in student housing properties
At Nelson Partners, we value personal and professional integrity above all else, while celebrating and cultivating individual talent. We do this by surrounding ourselves with strong individuals who value collaboration. Are you a big thinker and doer with an interest in our audacious mission? Join us.
What We Have to Offer!
You will be doing meaningful work in a modern, open and collaborative office environment. You will be surrounded by people are passionate, energized and who care - not just about their work, but about those around them. You will have the opportunity to develop the optimal work-life balance for yourself.
Are you ready to experience work and life at Nelson Partners? We're always looking for talented team members interested in a high-energy, rapidly growing business.
Nelson Partners LLC
Real EstateView all jobs at Nelson Partners LLC