The Huntington, WV office of a regional, AmLaw 100 law firm seeks a Project Assistant to work with paralegals and attorneys on a litigation team. The ideal candidate is a graduate of an accredited 2 or 4-year college or university who has a paralegal certificate and an interest in gaining experience.
Tasks performed may include:
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with implementing litigation strategies and creating charts/deliverables summarizing same;
- Performing basic research and compiling data;
- Entering and tracking data;
- Organizing documents;
- Monitoring files;
- Researching court docket using PACER, WV Circuit Express, File & ServXpress or other electronic court docket systems and updating pleadings;
- Processing vendor invoices; and
- Assisting with special projects.
- Highly developed organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to keep track of many details and tasks at the same time and adapt quickly to changing deadlines;
- Familiarity with using computers for organizing and maintaining documents and data;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to document and present information to paralegals and attorneys;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; and
- Ability to work occasional overtime to meet business needs.