Nelson Labs Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
The Department Scientist has a depth of expertise within their lab area. They are the primary scientific point of contact for projects, investigations, validations and revalidations, and other items within their lab area and expertise.
Education and experience requirements:
M.S. or Ph.D in Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry or other closely related life science degree programs
B.S. degree (microbiology or biological science strongly preferred) and five years applicable laboratory experience
In addition, any related certifications are highly desired in the following areas:
- AAMI Sterilization Specialist Certification
- Quality Certification (may include CBA, CQA, CQE and CQM)
- Leads project management within the department, which includes defining the objectives, vision, and scope to achieve designated project milestones
- Conducts failure investigations related to the internal testing of sponsor products
- Develops training materials that decrease time to productivity and reduces quality issues with trainees
- Provides technical training to help employees gain proficiency within assigned tests and to build expertise that preserves business continuity
- Acts as a scientific mentor within their department
- Validates new test methods and re-validates existing methods
- Partners with other functions to complete equipment qualifications
- Writes test method justifications for sponsors
- Drafts complex quotes using project estimates and processes orders
- Acts as a technical resource for deviations and Quality Events (QEs)
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Know and follow company policies and procedures
- Complete required training on time
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Competencies of this position
- Problem solving skills
- Team-orientation and cross-functional work aptitude
- Change advocate
- Strong project management abilities
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Math skills as applicable
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer skills: proficiency with Microsoft Office products, CRM, and other relevant technologies
- Ability to work independently
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and lab equipment including but not limited to computers keyboards, computer mouse,
telephones, photocopiers, file cabinets, microscopes, micropipettes, pipette aids, various hand tools and analytical equipment.
The possibility exists for exposure to biological and chemical hazards, exposure to carcinogenic compounds and other environmental aspects which may be considered unfavorable. Employees are expected to follow Biosafety and Chemical Hygiene policies, practices and procedures.
Occasional local travel during the business day and occasional out of the area or overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions.
- Requirements to stand and traverse to various office and lab locations and sit at a computer workstation will vary
- Bending, stooping and crouching
- Occasional push and pull tasks with one or both hands
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, face shields, gloves, lab coats and personal protective equipment deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees from various solutions, wastes, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
HealthcareView all jobs at Nelson Labs