- Posted: over a month ago
Job Category: Cartographic Analyst
Location: Springfield, VA
Shift: Day Job (1st Shift)
Potential for Teleworking: No
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Willing to Take a: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Description Nelson Intelligence Solutions prides itself of having the most diverse and accomplished staff you will find in your career. NiS offers competitive benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for the federal government. NiS is seeking a Cartographer to join our growing team. As a Cartographic Analyst, you will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplined team of analysts to independently select and extrapolate intelligence and operations production data and present summaries as required. The candidate must possess the ability to follow established geospatial data production processes for content analysis, validation, cleansing, collection and reporting. Selected applicant will be subject to a Counter Intelligence (CI) polygraph.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, GIS or equivalent military training and experience (High School diploma with 4 years of experience in lieu of degree is acceptable)
- Experience with cartographic finishing, feature data production, feature extraction, and data content management
- Experience with feature extraction software suites such as ESRI ArcGIS, SOCET GXP, RemoteView, or comparable Electronic Light Table (ELT) software
Preferred Additional Skills
- Attended a basic Intelligence Course
- Experience managing or maintaining relational database management systems, such as Oracle Spatial or ArcSDE
- Experience with application engineering, system administration, or software configuration of industry standard geospatial analysis and production software
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
NiS Overview NiS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with an emphasis on Federal government opportunities in support of the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and State and local government. NiS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Nelson Intelligence Solutions
AddressSaint Louis, MO
GovernmentView all jobs at Nelson Intelligence Solutions