Quality Assurance Specialist
Nelson Engineering, a Salas O'Brien Company, is an employee-owned engineering and facility planning firm. The local office is in Merritt Island, Florida immediately south of Kennedy Space Center with approximately 90 employees. We serve a variety of markets and employ engineers in the civil, chemical, mechanical, electrical, aerospace, industrial, environmental, and fire protection disciplines. We have performed work in most of the United States and many international locations. We have a significant aerospace heritage and provide an ever-expanding mix of engineering services to federal, county and city governments as well as commercial customers. We are focused on providing client value and exceeding our customers' expectations.
Nelson Engineering, a Salas O'Brien Company, is seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our onsite facility system and asset verification and documentation efforts of industrial buildings on government installations.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the quality assurance aspects of facility asset verification, tagging, and documentation using client server and web-based technologies
- Apply verification methodology, knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements
- Perform quality assurance efforts to support development projects and enhancements to production database systems
- Provide onsite verification support including creation, execution, and installation of asset identification
- Communicate results of quality analysis to project lead
- Quality representation in baseline project management activities
- Report project status Quality Metrics
- Identify and document mistakes and update production data in database based on field observations
- Support continuous improvement of project(s) to improve quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and program profitability
- Enrich asset and space data by applying applicable risk flag assignment as asset and space data changes
- At least 2 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Testing
- Knowledge of the project development life cycle with a focus on quality assurance best practices
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate at multiple levels, including: engineers, project managers, business analysts, and customers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective organizational skills, demonstrated by ability to set priorities, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, and be attentive to detail
- Self-starter, work well within a team environment with minimal direction
- Ability to work onsite in Bethesda, MD, with travel as needed
- Excellent knowledge of quality and health and safety standards
- Strong communication skills and ORGANIZATIONAL skills!!!
- Good team player and leadership skills, focused and motivated, problem-solver
- Bachelors degree from accredited college in related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Background in quality analysis or implementation of large-scale systems
- Familiarity with formatting and handling of documentation is desired
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and documentation is desired
- Previous experience with NUVOLO IWMS Software would be a plus
- Construction experience is a plus
- Detailed oriented
- Must be a US Citizen for Security Clearance requirements.
- Ability to pass government background checks.
- Ability to obtain government campus credentials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly spend long hours standing and using tablets/computers.
- Regularly perform site visits which will require climbing stairs and accessing spaces such as roofs, basements, and/or utility tunnels.
- Industrial site investigations may require extensive walking.
Nelson Engineering, a Salas O'Brien Company, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Nelson EngineeringBethesda, MD
TechnologyView All Nelson Engineering Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.