Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer IV
The Senior Technical Engineer functions as the Electrical technical lead on dynamic multi-disciplinary project teams. Job duties will include performing engineering work through the life cycle of equipment, facilities, and sites from design development, to construction oversite, and operation and maintenance. Work will entail performing in-field walk-downs of equipment/facilities, analyzing systems and components, preparing design concepts sketches and drawings, compiling data and writing technical narrative reports. In addition, assigned work tasks will be diversified and require successful candidates to “think outside the box”.
Work tasks will be extremely varied and requires flexibility and versatility in the engineering field. Examples of type of work to be performed includes:
- Design of commercial & industrial power, lighting, communications, fire alarm & security systems (plans, specs, cost estimates)
- Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
- Facility condition assessments and capital asset management planning
- Detailed cost analyses and material take-offs of a variety of building types throughout the US and other countries
- Construction management for ongoing construction efforts.
- Ability to technically mentor engineers with less experience.
- Confident and ambitious problem solver.
- Creative and Innovative.
- Understands the culture of business.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective interpersonal skills and strong communication (written and verbal)
- BS Electrical Engineering degree required from an ABET accredited program.
- Minimum EIT License obtained. Active Professional Engineer License desired.
- 10+ years Electrical Engineering experience specializing in low and medium voltage power.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Experience with CAD, Revit, SKM Power Tools for Windows, Easy Power, or other electrical system modeling/drafting software highly preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Current US Passport
- Valid/Unrestricted FL driver license
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen for Security Clearance requirements.
- Active/Interim or ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance.
Most work is performed in an office environment. Field investigations and construction support require regular trips to operating facilities and active construction sites.
Some travel to US sites outside of Central Brevard County, FL and/or international project sites may be required occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performing inspections and providing construction support may require climbing ladders and stairs and accessing spaces such as roofs, basements, crawl spaces or utility tunnels.
- Industrial site investigations and field construction support may require extensive walking.
Nelson Engineering provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.