Nelnet as a company is focused on educational services including loan servicing, payment processing, education planning, and asset management. Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska, with other offices around the United States, we employ more than 6500 associates who serve customers throughout the education life cycle. Nelnet is a rapidly growing company looking to expand our diverse team of Infrastructure Engineers.
As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll help design and implement solutions across business units and technology stacks. Ideally we are looking for a candidate near our offices around Lincoln, NE, Madison, WI, and Highlands Ranch, CO, but remote candidates would be considered.
A day in the life of an Infrastructure Engineer team member is quite varied, we're responsible for a wide array of functions within the company. We go beyond just designing and implementing solutions, we're often involved in complex troubleshooting across business units and technology stacks. We strive to reduce unplanned work by improving daily tasks, while leveraging automation, testing, and configuration management. Nelnet is open to new ideas, toolsets, methods, etc. With this, we welcome creative approaches to complex problems.
This position requires work in support of the Company's contract with the United States Department of Education ("ED"). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
As an Infrastructure Engineering team member, you'll have to opportunity to work with the following technologies and skill sets:
- Active Directory and related services, like DNS, DHCP, ADFS, PING Federate, Azure, O365
- Scripting and automation frameworks. Chef, PowerShell, Rundeck, Gitlab, Python
- Virtualization and storage technologies, both on-prem and in cloud (VMware, AWS, Nutanix)
- Maintaining compliance with accepted industry security standards
- The Infrastructure Engineering team is composed of both Windows and Linux specialties. We like when people are comfortable in both, but it's not a strict requirement.
- Work with software development teams and other technical groups to facilitate application deployment in a geographically diverse multi-datacenter company.
- Familiar with Agile principles
- Enterprise Monitoring and alerting toolsets, SPLUNK, AppDynamics
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a drug free and tobacco free workplace.
Job ID 2019-8671
\# of Openings 8
Category Information Technology