Nelnet as a company is focused on educational services including loan servicing, payment processing, education planning, and asset management. Headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska, with other offices around the United States, we employ more than 6500 associates who serve customers throughout the education life cycle. Nelnet is a rapidly growing company looking to expand our diverse team of Infrastructure Engineers on the Enterprise Application Solutions team.
As a member of the Enterprise Application Solutions team, you will implement and support solutions across the varied business units of Nelnet. Ideally, we are looking for a candidate near our offices in Lincoln, NE, Madison, WI, or Highlands Ranch, CO.
The Enterprise Applications Solutions Infrastructure Engineer provides systems support and conducts analysis to leverage technology solutions to meet business needs. S/he maintains and supports the organization's portfolio of enterprise client applications; keeps the applications current by implementing new features as released and performing system upgrades; and implements application enhancements by identifying user requirements, evaluating solutions to meet the requirements, configuring, executing, testing and implementing the solution. We strive to reduce unplanned work by improving daily tasks, by leveraging automation, and testing.
This position requires work in support of the Company's contract with the United States Department of Education ("ED"). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
The Enterprise Applications Solutions Infrastructure engineer will be the technical and process subject matter expert for the organization's client application systems. Primary job responsibilities include
- Work with client area tools including understanding their interrelationship and dependencies.
- Work with vendors to maintain and support these applications, perform upgrades and implement new features as released.
- Maintain compliance with accepted industry security standards.
- Support products that run on Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Work with other infrastructure technical groups to facilitate application deployment in a geographically diverse multi-datacenter company.
- Familiar with Agile principles.
- Understanding of Data Management principles and when possible implement within applications.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting and solution process and procedure documentation in order to build and enhance the knowledge base.
- Manage small application projects of simple to moderate complexity, which may include sub-components of larger scale projects as directed by Management.
Bachelor's degree in Information Science or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in maintenance, support, configuration, or implementation of business applications (i.e. CRM and other enterprise business applications).
- SQL query language a plus
- Proficiency in configuration and implementation of sites using SharePoint Online. Experience with supporting and configuring site collections, libraries, lists, content types and workflows.
- Interest and ability to learn new business applications and related capabilities as required.
- Understanding of cloud computing and cloud based application services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and technical staff.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Job ID 2019-8960
\# of Openings 3
Category Information Technology