This role is also open to candidates in Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE, and Madison, WI. As a Digital Marketing Strategist, you will be responsible for leading the planning and execution of digital & web marketing experiences for clients. The successful candidate must demonstrate expertise in the areas of: leading website & landing page builds, digital account & project management, SEO/SEM best practices, possess an understanding of paid digital channels, audiences and analytics.
As the main point of contact for digital projects and strategies, you will be able to effectively create digital/web strategies and experiences to help achieve business goals. You will provide detailed metrics reporting and strategic recommendations based on digital performance and user behavior. You will be responsible for writing creative briefs, project plans, and project estimates for all digital work while managing the day-to-day aspects of project management & website optimization.
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of web projects
- Prepare creative and/or project briefs and lead kick offs for web & digital projects
- Assist in the development testing process
- Schedule and attend team and/or stakeholder meetings as determined appropriate by the web strategy manager or other leaders
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and notes; track meeting takeaways
- Coordinate the production of website projects, landing pages, digital product development, etc.
- Establish project timelines and work with Traffic to ensure key milestones are met and projects are delivered on time
- Work with the web team to prepare project estimates
- Organize progress of jobs through project management software by working with Traffic to track, monitor, and guide all jobs for their assigned stakeholders.
- Review all work from the development team prior to stakeholder approval for strategic direction, grammatical, technical and visual accuracy, and overall brand consistency
- Prepare and evaluate results of web projects/campaigns along with the web strategy manager
- Compile information, secondary research, and/or other assigned projects and campaigns
- Familiarity of Google Analytics to assist with analysis of campaigns or projects.
4-year degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
2-4 years in marketing position
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strategic thinker, Detail-oriented & Organized
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good at building team and client relationships
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Enjoys problem solving and ideation
- Quick to learn and work independently
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Ability to handle a high volume of work
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.