Respond to incoming borrower interactions (inbound & outbound calls, web-chats) and provided follow-up on inquires as needed.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
If you are looking for:
- A comfortable, yet professional work environment
- Competitive pay
- Benefits including medical, dental and vision, as well as, tuition reimbursement, generous ETO, paid holiday’s, and much, much more
- A company that invests in its employees, including their growth within the company, and also invests in our community through various volunteer opportunities
Nelnet is searching for full-time Student Loan Advisor’s.
When borrowers of Federal student loans have questions or concerns, they call in to our Student Loan Advisor’s for support. An Advisor’s job is to assist people in finding a solution in an efficient, accurate and courteous manner. Some of the Student Loan Advisor’s job duties include billing assistance, payment plan inquiries and requests, and account maintenance.
After successful completion of 90 days of employment receive a $500.00 bonus. Come join our team for this and other great benefits by applying today!!
Training class to start October 7th - Training hours will be Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm for the first 7 weeks.
Shifts offered after 7 weeks of training:
- Monday through Friday 11:45am-8:15pm (30 min lunches)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:45am-8:15pm (30 min lunches)
- Monday and Friday 9:45am-8:15pm; Tuesday and Thursday 10:30am-7:00pm; Wednesday 4 hour shift of agents choice (30 minute lunches)
- Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy To Do Business With (ETDBW) philosophy
- Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement
- Ensure integrity of date and information
- Update information on accounts in the Loan Servicing and/or consolidation systems.
- Perform other tasks related to resolving customer needs, by displaying ownership on escalated calls.
- Contact customers on accounts, including outbound customer contact when appropriate.
- Negotiate transactions in accordance with established laws, regulations , and policies,
- Serve as a resource person with them as needed, including assisting new associates with training needs.
High school degree or equivalent required.
1 to 3 year customer service experience and/or general office experience preferred.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of student loan industry, Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems preferred.
- Service Excellence
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Listening comprehension, reading comprehension
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Work with MS Office
- Business Math
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a drug free and tobacco free workplace.