Respond to incoming borrower interactions (inbound & outbound calls, web-chats) and provided follow-up on inquires as needed.
This position requires work in support of the Company's contract with the United States Department of Education ("ED"). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
1. Commit to Performance Based Organization (PBO) & Easy To Do Business With (ETDBW) philosophy
2. Contribute to Continuous Process Improvement
3. Ensure integrity of date and information
4. Update information on accounts in the Loan Servicing and/or consolidation systems.
5. Perform other tasks related to resolving customer needs, by displaying ownership on escalated calls.
6. Contact customers on accounts, including outbound customer contact when appropriate.
7. Negotiate transactions in accordance with established laws, regulations , and policies,
8. Serve as a resource person with them as needed, including assisting new associates with training needs.
High school degree or equivalent required.
1 to 3 year customer service experience and/or general office experience preferred.
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of student loan industry, Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems preferred.
2. Service Excellence
3. Strong oral and written communication skills
4. Listening comprehension, reading comprehension
6. Accuracy/Attention to Detail
7. Work with MS Office
8. Business Math
9. Problem Solving
10. Managing Multiple Priorities
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a drug free and tobacco free workplace.
Job ID 2019-9364
\# of Openings 37
Category Customer Service/Support