- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Employee Mission – Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineer is responsible for urgently investigating and driving corrective action projects for site complaints and systemic issues. This individual develops and maintains highly effective relationships with all site and commercial team members by communicating frequently.
Organization Development (10%):
- Achieves ‘meets or exceeds expectations’ performance management ratings for all MBO’s and Key Responsibilities.
- Interface effectively with other functions to maximize success and increase expertise across the entire organization.
- Active participant on South Plainfield safety committee.
Quality Management - Core Results (70%):
- Customer Satisfaction
- Meet or exceed site Quality metric at site.
- Drive root cause/corrective action projects for systemic or trending issues to reduce YOY impact by 15%.
- Implement and facilitate corrective actions for internal and external customer complaints.
- Urgently respond to all customer technical and/or quality concerns.
- New inquiries < 24 hours
- Claim closure < 30 days
- Communicate and manage claim investigation, including providing response timelines expectations, with customers and internal team (BDMs, Operations Manager and customer service).
- Inform department managers of all quality non-conformances that was tied to their department, working as necessary to facilitate corrective actions.
- Authorize, disposition and track MRB material (targeting < 48 hour disposition).
- Partner with purchasing to facilitate cross-functional investigations regarding supplier complaint resolution.
- Technical Knowledge and Communication:
- Document and formally report all quality complaints monthly, including status and steps taken to prevent re-occurrence (customer complaints, material held in impound, supplier claims, project updates, etc.)
- Develop a robust knowledge of products, applications, and end-use processes.
- Utilizes knowledge of Operations and end-use application to effectively disposition any non-conformances and speak to customers.
Continuous Improvement - Enterprise Value Creation (20%):
- Lead one operational continuous improvement project per quarter.
- Write and implement procedures and process flows for job duties and specifications critical to quality.
- Develop control plans for all manufactured products coated and converted.
- Develop incoming supplier inspection processes and ensure they are maintained for all products and machines.
- Travel < 5%.
- Professional, Positive Attitude, Team Worker, Computer Skills – Windows Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, Word), Communication Skills (Verbal/Written), Problem Solver, Organized, Data-driven.
Nekoosa Coated Products
AddressSouth Plainfield, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Nekoosa Coated Products