Senior Project/PMO Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Neil Hoosier & Associates, Inc. (NHA) is a small, SBA 8(a) certified and minority-owned business built on a tradition of reliability, accuracy, and responsiveness to the needs of our clients. We have delivered over 20 years of top-notch performance within the public sector, particularly for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), as well as for consulting firms, insurers, employers, and healthcare companies. Our talented staff offers business and IT solutions to Federal, State, and commercial organizations within the framework of a process improvement culture. We leverage our unrivaled expertise, extensive capabilities, and innovative solutions to ensure that our clients achieve their goals while saving money in the process.
NHA is currently recruiting for a fully remote senior manager responsible for ensuring that business standards are upheld, directing the organization and scheduling of projects, and overseeing members of project teams to keep them on task. Responsible for ensuring on-time delivery of work products according to project schedule, scope, and budget. Manage the tasks and activities needed to monitor multiple moving parts, track various project deliverables across various components. Provide process with a solid understanding of Scrum Agile principles, good attention to fine detail, and ability to use Zendesk/Jira/Confluence and strong MS Project skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Directly supervises staff by assigning work, mentoring, setting goals, measuring performance, and providing direct feedback.
- Manages delivery of key project management deliverables, for example, Project Management Plan, Risk Management Plan, Program Issue Log, and Project Status Reports, Quality Assurance Plan, Business Continuity Plan, and Disaster Recovery Plan, as assigned.
- Manages program risk identification, mitigation, tracking, and monitoring processes.
- Report on project issues and concerns to senior members of management, as required.
- Advise client on project status, risk assessments, scheduling issues, and other project-related issues, as required.
- Play a key role in working with and providing technical assistance to external and internal customers, including MCOs and State and Federal clients.
- Leads and oversees development and implementation of standardized project management processes and procedures for use in all projects, considering the need for individual project flexibility to accommodate client needs.
- Support the development team by performing requirements gathering.
- Use Project Management tracking software to track, manage and report on any system edits and/or maintenance.
- Leads and oversees effort to advise key team members on the best use of project management execution and methods and acts as the first point of contact for any program management inquiries. This includes providing project management templates, assisting with development of project schedules or with any other project management tasks or tools that staff identify as needing advice or assistance on, training staff on use of project management tools and resources, conducting lessons learned sessions at the completion of projects to determine how to improve implementation of projects, etc.
- Leads development of repository of project management tools and resources for staff, to include lessons learned from prior projects and other historical project information to aid in future projects (schedules, templates, risk registers, project plans and concept of operations documents, etc.).
- Supports and assists with NHA business development activities including proposal writing, presentations, estimating and presentations to potential customers.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent, related work experience
- 10 years’ previous experience working in the health care industry; Medicare or Medicaid experience a plus
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) required
- Certified Scrum Master highly preferred
- Experience managing projects using the agile methodology required
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and customer service skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Experience with advanced project management and resource allocation techniques and tools to include MS Project, Smartsheet, Wrike, Asana required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Visio required
- Proficient in Zendesk/Jira/Confluence required
- Experience working in EVMS a plus
NHA policy requires that all employees, including teleworkers, be vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning employment, unless they are legally entitled to an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincere religious belief.
NHA is a state and federal government contractor; all employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. NHA does not provide sponsorship at this time.
NHA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by law.
Powered by JazzHR
Neil Hoosier & Associates, Inc.
AddressOwings Mills, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at Neil Hoosier & Associates, Inc.