Renovation and Construction Foreman
Neighborscape INC. Ottawa, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At NeighborScape/Neighborbuild, we are happy to announce that we are expanding and growing once again! We are currently looking for a Full Time Renovation and Construction Manager to add to our renovation division. This position encompasses being the lead for the team, ensuring that job sites and employees are organized, efficient and projects executed in a timely manner with the goal of delivering the best experience and product to the end customers.
Scope of projects completed would include interior renovations (bathrooms, basements, kitchens) and exterior construction (decks, 3-season rooms, additions and second storey). In this position you will be completing construction and renovation work as well as overseeing the project from start to finish, and managing a small team.
- Review project scope and requirements with sales team.
- Working with the office team, prior to the start of a project, to ensure that the materials list has been created, long lead materials have been ordered, trades have been scheduled, equipment has been rented, and permits have been acquired.
- Complete permit applications as required/requested.
- Engage the customer alongside the sales team at the start of work to review the scope.
- Engage the customer on site to ensure they are kept up to date on the progress of the project and notified of change orders at the time of. Relay change order details to office team.
- Relay and create solutions to any project difficulties as they occur.
Site Supervision and Carpentry
- Manage on site team members, trades and subcontractors with the goal of delivering an efficient and high quality project on time and on budget.
- Notify the management team of ongoing material needs for delivery or other support required.
- As needed, organize the pick up or arrange the delivery of materials.
- Relay and create solutions to any site difficulties as they occur.
- Responsible for the safety and security of company property on site which includes tool and vehicle assets.
- Request expenditure on additional tool assets as required to complete the project.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Complete high quality carpentry work as part of the onsite team.
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material according to design and spec.
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are levelled and compatible.
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated.
- Curate and nurture relationships with potential suppliers, customers, and employees as a representative of the company.
- Engage often with the management team to propose possible improvements to company processes and/or equipment.
- Relay customer feedback.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years experience of proven experience as a renovation carpenter.
- Being a licensed carpenter or red seal approved is considered an asset.
- Experience leading renovation worksites to completion.
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials.
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical/manual equipment.
- Have your own set of electric and manual carpentry tools to complete required work.
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
- Good understanding of basic math.
- Good physical condition and endurance.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to meet deadlines and strong time management skills.
This is a full-time year round position, Monday to Friday position, weekends are not required unless specific deadlines are required.
NeighborScape/Neighborbuild offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience, $33.00-$35.00 per hour or an agreed upon guaranteed weekly salary provided year round.
2019 Ford Transit 250 company vehicle to be provided to the successful candidate.
Company benefits package provided after 6 months, including full medical, dental and other health benefits.
Please send your resume to listed email for consideration. Due to the volume of applications NeighborScape/NeighborBuild receives, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please be prepared to explain/present past projects you have completed.
ConstructionView all jobs at Neighborscape INC.