Financial Analyst I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for assisting the CFO and VP Treasury with development of the Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCO) package; perform interest rate risk modeling, forecasting, cost/benefit analysis and peer group reporting; develop product cost and profitability information; and assist with preparation of annual budget. Maintain quality service standards set by the organization. The nature of the work requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- Maintain daily loan/deposit analysis and certificates reports. Generate monthly reports of cost of funds and loan yield.
- Assist VP Treasury with investments reconciliation and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and information for monthly ALM and Pricing Committee meetings.
- Analyze daily Credit Union cash flows to determine minimum amounts needed on deposit to clear daily settlements. Prepare monthly cash flow statements.
- Order cash for the branches on a weekly basis using Ceto Cash Management software.
- Assist in completing the quarterly RegD report.
- Update and maintain ALM software and reporting quarterly.
- Develop, update, and maintain department/branch profitability reporting using ALM software. Identify and import host processor extract data and cost allocation methodologies.
- Assist the accounting staff with chart of accounts set up and accounting procedures that will facilitate profitability accounting and reporting.
- Prepare a quarterly comparison of area Credit Unions performance based on information reported to the NCUA. Analyze and report on the results of this comparison.
- Provide assistance to the accounting staff as directed by the VP Accounting.
- Assist in preparation of the Credit Union’s annual budget.
- Prepare other analysis as directed by the CFO or VP Treasury.
- Prepare and review the monthly Catalyst Loan Participation report.
- Assist in preparing schedules for internal and external audits including the Credit Quality Disclosure for Postlethwaite and Netterville.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with Bank Secrecy Act as related to this position.
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to count and deal with numbers and details effectively.
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels, orally, in writing, or by phone.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate orally, in writing, and by phone.
- Ability to deal with members and employees effectively (friendliness, tact and diplomacy).
- Ability to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Ability to learn, apply and communicate knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to learn, apply and communicate knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Ability to input and retrieve data from computer.
- Ability to use a calculator.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Ability to use and learn office machines (i.e., copier, fax, terminals).
- Ability to analyze situations, sound decisions and resolves problems.
- Ability to complete tasks and serve other departments of the Credit Union.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required. One year of experience in a credit union or other financial institution required. Master’s in Accounting/Finance or MBA preferred.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: VP Treasury
Location: Perkins Branch
AddressBaton Rouge, LA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Neighbors FCU