Senior Marketing Analyst (Dallas, TX)
Neighborly® is a holding company of 22 service brands, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing consumers’ homes and businesses. The company operates online platforms that connect consumers to service providers in their local communities that meet their rigorous standards as a franchisor across 15 service categories at www.getneighborly.com in the United States and www.getneighbourly.ca in Canada. The company was founded in 1981 as Dwyer Group with its world headquarters in Waco, Texas. More information about Neighborly/Neighbourly, and its franchise concepts, is available at www.NeighborlyBrands.com and www.nbly.co.uk.
Neighborly® is an active member in the International Franchise Association (IFA), Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), British Franchise Association (BFA) and German Franchise Association and is a founding company of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran).
This position is responsible creating and automating actionable insights about Neighborly customers, brands and channels to the organization. Insights developed from these activities will be a key input into Neighborly’s customer-centric marketing strategy. A successful individual will be able to pull data from internal systems, display proficiency with identifying meaningful takeaways from data and manipulate large data sets to create insightful reports and dashboards. This role will play a vital part in evaluating marketing success and refining marketing strategy.
- Develop dashboards in data visualization tools (Power BI, etc) to automate the dissemination of customer, brand, market and channel analytics
- Synthesize customer, brand and marketing results into concise presentations for distribution to Neighborly leadership and other key stakeholders
- Support Neighborly personalization efforts by performing customer behavior analysis and developing predictive models
- Examine and analyze business return on investment for enterprise wide CRM Program, master brand program, and individual brand marketing efforts including but not limited to email, digital marketing, social media, remarketing efforts and public relations
- Evaluate customer lifecycle patterns and forecast customer behavior trends across the suite of brands and across the enterprise
- Perform exploratory data analysis for brands, customers, markets and channels to identify new areas of opportunity
- Provide thought leadership to brand and subject matter expert teams, as a result of discoveries or validations
- Create actionable customer analysis and data strategies to help shape the customer strategy and marketing program optimization
- Report on the results of experiments conducted by the Email and Direct Mail channels as well as overall program performance
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned
Relevant Skills & Qualifications:
- Able to facilitate discussions effectively with C-suite
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to create and manipulate large data sets
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to make recommendations and evaluations across multiple data sources with many dimensions
- Ability to clearly communicate the results of work to others
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs
- Sense of humor.
Education & Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in business analytics
- Familiarity with advanced statistical analysis methods
- Strong proficiency with SQL
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Experience creating automated dashboards
- Experience with statistical programming language (R, SAS, etc) is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to stand, sit at an office space, see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. The Associate is exposed to typical office working conditions. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Neighborly® is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.