- Posted: 6 days ago
Position Location: Waco, TX or Irving, TX
What You'll Do:
The Graphic Designer works as a creative asset to the marketing team in the effort to support all internal and external marketing activities. A Graphic Designer is responsible for design of graphic applications such as collateral material, environmental graphics, books and magazines, corporate identity, multimedia interfaces, web advertising/interfaces and much more.
You're Good At:
- Graphic design
- Illustration, sketching, and storyboarding
- Working autonomously
- Page layout
- Template building
- Some photography
- Copywriting as needed
- Training new graphic designers/interns in the areas of creative team processes, brand standards and continuing to aid in their creative development
- Problem solving
- Collaborating with other teams across the organization
- Juggling multiple projects
- Understanding industry units of measure and how to convert them
You Also Have:
- A sense of humor
- A quality portfolio showcasing best work
- Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro skills
- Knowledge of email template building programs (Constant Contact, Vertical Response, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Bridge and Flash skills are a plus
- High computer literacy including strong experience with MS Office
- Solid understanding of color theory and how it relates to graphic design and advertising
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of prepress requirements and production technicalities for a variety of print and web mediums
Education & Experience:
Education: Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or Commercial Art related field preferred and/or
Experience: 5+ years' experience
Neighborly is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity and encouraged to be their authentic self.
Neighborly is an active member in the International Franchise Association (IFA), Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), British Franchise Association (BFA) and German Franchise Association and is a founding company of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran). Neighborly was named as part of the 2019 Inc. 5000 most successful privately-owned companies in America and the 2019 and 2020 recipient for the Global Franchise Award for Best Property and Home Maintenance Franchise.
Neighborly®Why Work Here?
We are the world leader delivering premium service experiences in homes and businesses primarily through franchising.
Neighborly® is the world’s largest home services franchisor of 25 service brands and over 4,000 franchise owners serving 9 million+ customers in nine countries, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing homes and businesses. The company operates online platforms that connect consumers to service providers in their local communities that meet their rigorous standards as a franchisor across 15 service categories at www.getneighborly.com in the United States and www.getneighbourly.ca in Canada. The company was founded in 1981 as Dwyer Group with its world headquarters in Waco, Texas. More information about Neighborly/Neighbourly, and its franchise concepts, is available at www.NeighborlyBrands.com and www.nbly.co.uk. Neighborly is an active member in the International Franchise Association (IFA), Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), British Franchise Association (BFA) and German Franchise Association and is a founding company of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran). Neighborly was named as part of the 2019 Inc. 5000 most successful privately-owned companies in America and the 2019 and 2020 recipient for the Global Franchise Award for Best Property and Home Maintenance Franchise.
Arts and Entertainment