Franchise Sales Developer (Remote)
Neighborly® is a holding company of 22 service brands, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing consumers’ homes and businesses. The company operates online platforms that connect consumers to service providers in their local communities that meet their rigorous standards as a franchisor across 15 service categories at www.getneighborly.com in the United States and www.getneighbourly.ca in Canada. The company was founded in 1981 as Dwyer Group with its world headquarters in Waco, Texas. More information about Neighborly/Neighbourly, and its franchise concepts, is available at www.NeighborlyBrands.com and www.nbly.co.uk.
Neighborly® is an active member in the International Franchise Association (IFA), Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), British Franchise Association (BFA) and German Franchise Association and is a founding company of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran).
The Franchise Developer is responsible for identifying sources of candidates that can qualify to become franchise owners for one of Neighborly®’s brand concepts. In addition, the Franchise Developer assists prospective franchise owners through the quality decision process of purchasing a franchise.
- Develop sources and compile lists of future franchise owners
- Identify quality candidates and counsel with the candidate to walk them through a quality decision process. Assist in financially qualifying prospective franchise owners
- Conduct or assist in the presentation of the advantages, benefits and salable features of owning a Neighborly® controlled franchise
- Participate in the hosting of future franchise owners at recruiting meetings
- Assist with design and implementation of advertising or trade show strategy
- Quote prices and credit terms and assist in the preparation of contracts and agreements
- Present the future franchise owners application to the Review and Selection Committee (RSC) and inform candidate of the decision of the RSC
- Ensure approved contracts and agreements are provided to the future franchisee in a timely manner
- Collect the funds and process all documents required to execute the approved contracts and agreements with the Finance, Accounting, and Legal Departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Travel as required to assigned trade shows to call on and meet with future franchise owners
- Solicit future franchise owners to attend the trade show
- The minimum sales requirements of a successful Franchise Developer are as follows:
- Three (3) hours minimum phone time per day (200 dials per week)
- Two (2) franchise candidates to Waco per month
- One (1) New Sale per month
- Consistent Communication with a recent sales lead (same day/repetitive communication)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicate clearly and precisely in verbal and written forms to subordinates and prospective candidates
- Good phone skills
- Extroverted personality and the ability to work in a sales environment. Strong self-image and very positive attitude
- Personality and behavioral characteristics that provide for an even-handed approach to problem resolution. Ability to handle rejection
- The desire and ability to organize the basic elements of projects and direct their overall successful execution
- The ability to follow a prescribed system
- Ability to work flexible hours (a non-typical Monday-Friday schedule) – evenings, Saturdays, early mornings as required by the business
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Five (5) or more years related experience in sales and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to stand, sit at an office space, see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. The Associate is exposed to typical office working conditions. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Neighborly® is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.