Brand Marketing Manager - Marketing (Virginia Beach, VA)
Neighborly® is a holding company of 22 service brands, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing consumers’ homes and businesses. The company operates online platforms that connect consumers to service providers in their local communities that meet their rigorous standards as a franchisor across 15 service categories at www.getneighborly.com in the United States and www.getneighbourly.ca in Canada. The company was founded in 1981 as Dwyer Group with its world headquarters in Waco, Texas. More information about Neighborly/Neighbourly, and its franchise concepts, is available at www.NeighborlyBrands.com and www.nbly.co.uk.
Neighborly® is an active member in the International Franchise Association (IFA), Canadian Franchise Association (CFA), British Franchise Association (BFA) and German Franchise Association and is a founding company of the Veterans Transition Franchise Initiative (VetFran).
The Brand Marketing Manager will develop and support the execution of strategies and tactics for the brand nationally and assist franchisees in their local markets. The Brand Marketing Manager will do this while leveraging tools to increase brand awareness for the brand as well as communicate and promote concept/franchise objectives. The position will work one on one with marketing leadership, company management and brand specialist to develop and implement national and local marketing initiatives and tools. This position is the driving force behind the marketing efforts for the brand with the specific goal of increasing brand awareness at the national and local levels.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project team (including representatives from Marketing Leadership, Operations, Training, Digital, Creative, Communications and franchisees) to develop and test relevant and new marketing ideas.
- Management and development of Local Marketing Specialist(s).
- Direct and lead all brand activities from a strategic perspective – providing content topics and direction across all marketing department verticals.
- Responsible for executing strategic brand initiatives as developed annually in brand planning.
- Develop an annual marketing calendar with dates of national campaigns.
- Prepare the yearly MAP (Marketing, Advertising, Promotions) fund budget and present to the MAP Council.
- Oversee the MAP fund budget including monthly review of financials.
- Plan, execute and gather content for MAP council meetings and present results to the council at regular meetings as scheduled through the year.
- Train new and existing franchisees on Brand marketing systems and programs, as well as general marketing principals. This includes marketing training conducted during Basic Training week.
- Review and submit all marketing related contracts and agreements for proper signature authorization.
- Stay abreast of current marketing trends and technology in the marketing / advertising arena.
- Collaborate with brand operations/key accounts staff on an as needed basis.
- Contribute marketing related articles for quarterly newsletter publications.
- Evaluate potential marketing vendors to meet existing and emerging needs. Manage relationships with existing brand specific marketing vendors. Monitor and analyze programs for effectiveness.
- Maintain and update the marketing section on Fran Connect and relevant information resources.
- Oversee Internet and website related activities.
- Work with Digital team to ensure content on website is current, accurate and relevant.
- Work closely with partners to execute national digital advertising campaigns.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal, written (emphasis on mastery of drafting day-to-day business correspondence required), analytical, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent mastery of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook required, with working knowledge or desire to learn Power Point.
- Possess excellent diplomatic skills.
- Budget management skills and proficiency.
- Strong understanding of current online marketing advertising, strategy and best practice.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment under pressure while demonstrating the utmost professionalism and a strong customer-focused attitude.
- Ability to think critically and to interpret and apply processes across many different areas.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Sense of humor.
Education & Experience:
Education: 4 Year Undergraduate degree Required
Experience: Minimum of 7 years of professional Marketing experience, including 2+ years supervisory experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to stand, sit at an office space, see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. The Associate is exposed to typical office working conditions. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Neighborly® is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.