Benefits & Compensation Specialist
Neighborhood Service Organization Detroit, MI
- Posted: over a month ago
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures and applicable rules and regulations of grantors.
- Models the Pillars and guiding principles of NSO at all times.
☐ Will drive NSO Vehicle
☒ Must have access to reliable private transportation
☒ Must maintain valid MI driver’s license/State ID
☒ Must maintain automotive insurance
☒ Must be able to visit locations while working for NSO
☒ Will be expected to travel on NSO time
☐ CPR and First Aid training are required for this position
☐ Non-Violent Intervention training is required for this position
☒ Additional Trainings will be required
Education, Licensure and Experience Requirements:
Education: : BA/BS in Human Resources Management or related field
- Required Licensure: PHR Preferred, but not required.
Minimum Required Experience: 3 years experience in Human Resources with a focus on benefits and compensation administration, including 403(b).
- Knowledge of Human Resources, compensation, benefits and retirement plan functions
- Knowledge of structuring and administering a Total Rewards program
- Proficient in Benefits administration and 403(b) plans.
- Leave and CTO administration knowledge
- Strong HRIS systems skills
- Proficient in running reports, conducting and participating in audits
- Maintains compliance
- Knowledge of various computer software applications, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and HRIS system
- Above average communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong clerical and mathematical skills
- Understands and promotes of wellness programs
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and vendors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Job Knowledge and Comprehension
- Primary Job Role
- This position administers all employee benefit programs, pension programs, flexible spending, health and wellness, and can confidently communicate features to employees. Will provide support to the VP of Talent Management as needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Primary Job Duties:
- Administer all aspects of health and welfare benefits, short term and long term disability plans, life insurance benefits, medical and dependent care FSA’s and voluntary benefits.
- Manage enrollments and determines employee eligibility
- Organize and manage annual open enrollment; participates in new hire orientations.
- Assists HR leader and HR staff and broker with plan renewals.
- Communicates with all staff regrading open enrollment and changes in plans or processes
- Administer executive benefits.
- Administer and Maintain 403(b) retirement plan for all employees; Administers enrollments, terminations, loans and withdrawals.
- Ensure accurate and timely upload of 403(b) deferrals and accuracy of agency matches. And all processes and procedures in administering 403 (b) plan with vendor and internally.
- Responsible for billing and invoicing for all vendors and carriers and reconciling invoices and transmitting to finance for timely payment.
- Coordinate with the finance department for all transmission and/or compliance reports and invoicing.
- Respond to all employee inquires regarding benefit programs and elections.
- Maintain leave of absence reports and communicates employee leaves to applicable departments.
- Manage, coordinate, track and communicate employee federal, state and agency leaves of absence and Combined Time Off. Notifies departments and managers status of leaves. ( FMLA, PMLA, Unpaid Leaves, ADA, Worker’s compensation etc.)
- Handle all benefit compensation and reimbursement procedures.
- Manage employee incident reports and worker’s compensation claims; notify carriers and act as a liaison.
- Manage timecards for employees on leaves and communicate with finance and managers; correct time cards for holidays and benefit related issues and codes and ensure accuracy.
- Schedule, track and manage return to work procedures, including drug screenings, physical exams, etc.
- Keep updated employee records with all relevant information (marital status, years of service, hours worked etc.).
- Manage Affordable Care Act enrollments, reporting and compliance.
- Manage, track and maintain compliance with COBRA administration and post separation of employment communications and administration.
- Assist with implementations of new vendors and processes.
- Train staff on benefit -related topics such as new plan designs, FMLA, leave processes, CTO, return to work processes, etc. and develop and/or improve benefits forms and guides.
- Manage benefit and 403(B) audits and compliance testing.
- Conduct and validate pay structures and Total Rewards programs in alignment with the industry and the agency’s needs.
- Conduct benchmarking of pay and benefits and keep up with industry standards.
- Maintain reports and metrics on benefits and monthly executive report.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Additional Job Duty
- Monitor and Maintain COVID-19 screenings.
- Provide assistance with New Hire Orientations.
- Provide Benefit Termination Summaries for all employee separations.
- Assist with HR employee personnel file compliance.
- Provide assistance with other HR duties as assigned.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on 403(b)
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on benefit programs
- Maintain accuracy on monthy invoicing and billing
- Effective communication of all on-going benefit processes
Administrative and Professional Skills
- Complies with and adheres to department and NSO policies and procedures.
- Adheres to established quality and performance improvement standards.
- Works effectively with others to accomplish goals/resolve problems.
- Organizes work well and uses time effectively.
- Maintains consistent work attendance.
- Maintains good operating environment by attending work on time as scheduled.
- Professionally represents NSO and promotes NSO mission and vision statements.
- Promotes a harmonious work environment.
- Demonstrates expertise in his/her functional area, leveraging unique core of knowledge and skills to achieve results.
- Ensures consumer satisfaction through process of monitoring, improving, and delivering excellence in program services.
- Is open to new approaches and takes steps to increase knowledge, skills and abilities, both from within and outside NSO.
- Complies with contractual and regulatory requirements, as needed.
- Fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust.
- Possesses good work ethic, drive, energy, and persistence to achieve goals. Takes accountability for job responsibilities.
- Able to anticipate and bring about change when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Neighborhood Service Organization
BusinessView all jobs at Neighborhood Service Organization