The human resource assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
- Answers phones for the HR department.
- Handles employment application intake.
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with new-employee orientations.
- Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
- Prepares job postings.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists the manager with HR projects.
- Assists with benefits administration.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting..
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Local travel to various work sites is required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, plus one year of office/clerical support experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous HR experience.