Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore (NHS) is a well-established non-profit organization with a team oriented work environment. NHS of Baltimore’s mission is to spark renewed vitality in neighborhoods by engaging our community partners, increasing sustainable homeownership, and advancing capital solutions. We are looking for a Loan Reporting Assistant to join our growing team in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Loan Reporting Assistant will be responsible for coordinating all NHSB external reporting and ensuring a high level of accuracy with uploading, downloading, and entering data into multiple systems. This individual will also assist with lending administration, post-closing activities and provide loan services compliance support.
- Manage and maintain reporting calendar for NHSB program areas. Serve as a resource and point of contact for managers of grant funded programs
- Analyze monthly data from multiple database systems and compile into usable data for reporting. Provide regular feedback to staff inputting data to ensure a high level of reporting accuracy
- Prepare and maintain grant funding reports (Neighborworks, HUD, CDBG and other stakeholders) based on the reporting schedule developed
- Input and reconcile data entered into Counselor Max, Data Safe Cube and Encompass to ensure data integrity. Update systems and delivery reports to ensure all errors are corrected
- Transmit and deliver file documents to NHS Accounting and Servicing Departments, which includes providing checks and check splits to Accounting Department
- Review and audit closing packages for accuracy, completeness, and preparation for data entry
- Collect and obtain final loan trailing documentation for reporting and compliance support
- Actively seek and implement ways to improve, streamline and automate departmental reporting processes
- Conduct monitoring meetings as needed with external funders
- Assist with clearing investor post-funding conditions, preparing closed loan packages and correspondence with title companies to obtain outstanding closing documentation
- Maintain post-closing logs and update records for files to ensure future reporting compliance
- Adhere to all NHS manuals, guidelines, policies, and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a reporting, lending administration, grant writing, or related position
- Familiarity with a variety of the concepts, practices, and procedures used in the mortgage lending process. Previous closer or post-closing experience is ideal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and client service orientation. Ability to successfully service a multi-cultural customer base and effectively collaborate with diverse groups
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours
- Ability to travel locally to meet customers
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional writing skills. Experience responding to grants and/or writing proposals is a plus
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- High level of creativity and ability to think outside of the box
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects and tasks with competing deadlines and priorities
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. College degree or additional education is a plus
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Salesforce is highly preferred
- Ability to learn and use database software, automated underwriting systems, Loan Origination Systems and other specialty software as needed
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, smart phones, office phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position offers a competitive base salary, excellent benefits, and a great working environment. Candidates interested in applying for this position should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.
Our Mission :
NHS of Baltimore, Inc. sparks renewed vitality in neighborhoods by engaging community partners, increasing sustainable homeownership and advancing innovative capital solutions.
Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore
Why Work Here?Neighborhood Housing Services of Baltimore (NHS) is a well-established non-profit organization with a team oriented work environment. This year we are celebrating our 45th year as a mortgage lender in Baltimore. Our Mission : NHS of Baltimore, Inc. sparks renewed vitality in neighborhoods by engaging community partners, increasing sustainable homeownership and advancing innovative capital solutions.
Join our growing team! NHS is a non-profit lender providing creative loan products to meet community needs