Finance Director (Hybrid)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Job Title: Finance Director
- Reports to: CFO
- Location: SW Portland / Hybrid
- Benefits: 12 paid holidays per year, generous PTO and comprehensive medical & dental insurance
About Neighborhood House
Neighborhood House has been engaging in anti-poverty work for over 115 years, offering safety net and wealth building programs to ensure that all our neighbors have the community and support they need to thrive. We have shown flexibility and resiliency by pivoting our services to meet emerging needs arising from the pandemic, and we are on a multi-year growth trajectory, developing and launching new and expanded programming.
Neighborhood House is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the perspectives of candidates whose lived experiences represent the rich diversity of the communities we serve. For this reason, women, people of color, recent immigrants, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTQ+, and/or those who have experienced poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is responsible for business management functions of Neighborhood House and development and management of the organization’s financial, and accounting activities that include: financial statements, budgets, long-range forecasts and trends, and key performance measures.
Financial Management Duties:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance and provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the agency.
- Assist Executive Management Team in development of a financial plan that will ensure adequate financial resources to effectively and efficiently implement its mission.
- With the Board of Directors, create, maintain and revise fiscal policies, updating fiscal policy handbook and ensuring distribution to management staff.
- Monitor implementation of fiscal policies and procedures.
- Supervise the accurate and timely recording of all financial information, ensure the accuracy of deposits, checks, payment of bills and maintain running cash balance to meet operating needs.
- Provide leadership and work directly with management in preparation of all budgets, reports and grant requests.
- Maintain operating, grant and fiscal files for Neighborhood House.
- Support Board Finance and Audit Committee in selection of auditing firm and ensure proper preparation for annual financial audit.
- Prepare, review and distribute fiscal data for funding sources, Board of Directors, Neighborhood House managers and advisory committees on a monthly basis.
- Develop recommendations and implement policies and procedures related to the collection of fees and other revenue.
- Collaborate with managers in development of strategies for maximizing fee-generated revenues.
- Monitor and track all Neighborhood House investments and bank accounts.
- Prepare and file all required tax forms.
- Oversee the functionality and processing of payroll.
- Administer financial transactions of affiliated non-profit agencies.
- Participate in the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
Contract Management Duties:
- Oversee and monitor all contracts, grants and budget implementation to ensure all conditions and exceptions of any particular grant are met, documented, and that Neighborhood House is in compliance with contract requirements.
- Prepare monthly contract updates for the Executive Director, including timely payments, late reports, and changes in additions or exceptions within any contract or grant statistics and relevant data for all programs.
- Assist in annual inventory of all Neighborhood House property.
- Provide fiscal support for all Neighborhood House fund raising activities.
- Participate in regular meetings of the management and executive teams and general staff.
- Accept assignments relative to the Board of Directors for the Executive Director.
- Attend all Board of Director meetings to communicate monthly finance reports.
- This position will supervise the Staff Accountant, and Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist.
- Provide day-to-day oversight within the accounting department. Responsible for implementing departmental goals under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Network internally and externally to achieve objectives of the department as needed.
- Ensure all department activities are operated in compliance with internal and external laws and regulations and funder requirements.
- Scope of responsibility includes supervision of employees and volunteers. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Neighborhood House’s policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring with supervisor approval, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems with supervisor’s overview.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field and seven (7) years related experience in accounting and fiscal management required;
- MBA, CPA or Masters in Public Administration preferred and two (2) years of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) is required.
- Experience with a non-profit or public agency preferred. Knowledge of Blackbaud Financial Edge or similar software is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), organization, and time management skills
- Ability to utilize Word, Excel, and experience with accounting systems and softwares.
- Established problem solving capabilities and ability to apply sound professional judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures and communicate effectively with those whose English language skills are limited. Excellent oral and written communication and ability to communicate professionally with manager, clients, service providers, community members and Board. Excellent interpersonal skills in the areas of problem-solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making processes. Ability to work as a team player. Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: $95,000 - 115,000 per year
- Benefits include comprehensive health and dental insurance (inc. vision and Rx), long and short-term disability insurance, 403b plan and company paid life insurance.
- Neighborhood House values employee wellbeing and we prioritize a healthy work-life balance. We offer a generous PTO policy and 12 paid holidays.
7780 SW Capitol HwyPortland, OR
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Neighborhood House
Get fresh Director Finance jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.