NeighborWorks® Community Partners is on a mission to build and strengthen communities. In short, we help people purchase their first home, offer pre- and post- purchase education, and work with them to improve the value and comfort of their homes through rehab lending and energy services (construction management, energy improvements and lead hazard evaluation). We are a BPI certified energy improvement contractor. If the thought of working in a team environment to deliver superior quality customer service appeals to you, we are interested in hearing from you!
JOB SUMMARY: The Energy Services Coordinator is the front-line staff member responsible for ensuring a smooth customer experience in the Energy Department. This includes managing inbound leads, scheduling appointments, and providing follow-up support for both customers and the Energy team. Due to the nature of this position, the individual must be knowledgeable in the fields of energy services and/or construction.
- Meet with customers regarding application intake; this includes assisting customers with collection of supporting documentation, understanding of the program, and navigation of the process
- Submitting program applications to NYSERDA
- Collecting additional documents from customers
- Recording all customer data and discussion notes in Salesforce
- Scheduling energy audits and energy audit report reviews with customers
- Answer customer inquiries regarding Energy Services resources, including NYSERDA grant programs, AHP and HPwES energy audits and NCP’s Energy Loan program
- Schedule clearance inspections and clearance testing for Technical Services staff
- Maintain pipeline reports, program and project data, as well as project files
- Submit all documentation to NYSERDA as required for EmPower, Home Performance approval, or other approvals for available program resources
- Maintain pipeline reports, program and project data, as well as project files and production reports in Salesforce
- Assure compliance with regulatory statutes and NCP procedures and policies
- Maintain all files and records as necessary; assure that internal documents and project tracking is completed for each customer
- Assist with departmental reporting and program assessment
- Assure compliance with regulatory statutes and NeighborWorks® Community Partners procedures and policies
- Assist with marketing NeighborWorks® Community Partners programs to the community, including Energy Services outreach
- Represent NeighborWorks® Community Partners in a manner that will foster the best possible relationships with potential customers, community partners, and other external stakeholders
- Assist with marketing NCP programs to the community, including Energy Services outreach, which may include events as appropriate.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
- Exercises sound judgment, maintains confidentiality, and follows policy and procedure
- Other tasks that may be required to assist the Director of Rehab and Energy or any other tasks that may be required to fulfill the objectives of the agency
- Attend regular departmental and staff meetings
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two year’s experience with coordinating office operations, including field technician scheduling
- Must possess a strong customer service attitude
- Strong computer skills with a solid background in Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and windows operating systems
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at any given time and meet deadlines
- Transportation necessary and valid driver’s license required
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Customer Service – Works with the NeighborWorks® Community Partners team to provide first class customer support. Due to the high level of customer interaction that is instrumental to the success of this position, considerable attention will be given to the candidate’s character and temperament.
- Collaborative - Is outgoing, personable and passionate about working with people to further the organization’s mission to promote stable, long-term homeownership for residents within NCP’s service area.
- Industry Knowledge – Must be knowledgeable in the fields of energy services and/or construction; willing to stay current with energy trends, issues and initiatives.
- Strong Communication - Is outgoing, personable and passionate about working with people who need help making their home safe and comfortable.
- Professionalism - Represents NeighborWorks® Community Partners in a manner that will foster and cultivate positive relations with customers, fellow team members and community partners. Is detail-oriented with good follow-up.
Due to the high level of customer interaction that is instrumental to the success of this position, considerable attention will be given to the candidate’s character and temperament. Candidates must be strong communicators, personable and able to relate to people from all lifestyles. This is a demanding position that requires the ability to handle multiple tasks and the ability to work effectively with many
different individuals and personalities. Candidates must be willing and able to participate as a team player and must be able to work successfully with a diverse range of individuals. This position offers the opportunity for considerable professional and career growth. NeighborWorks® Community Partners is a growing, dynamic organization that is a leader in the community development field. NeighborWorks® Community Partners Rochester believes in developing its employees and supports opportunities for
position-appropriate training and education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.