Technical Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Technical Support Specialist
We need a Technical Support Specialist who can use your technical customer service background to fill our Technical Customer Service Representative Role and to take great care of our existing customers, help us build relationships with new customers, and help our NEFF team continue to grow. In return for providing our customers with the highest possible level of service, you will receive outstanding benefits and amazing career opportunities with a leading provider of automation solutions across the Midwest and Northeast. As a NEFF Technical Customer Service Representative, here's some of what you will be doing:
- Provides phone/email support for electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, robotic, and industrial controls
- Contacts other parties as appropriate to answer customer questions, provide customer support.
- Review /understand simple schematics (electrical and/or pneumatic)
- Understand customer needs/specifications to help them select an appropriate solution (product)
- Cross reference competitors' product to best NEFF represented alternative
- Considers alternate methods for satisfying customer orders as needed, i.e. conversion of in-stock parts, ordering from outside distributors, etc. Advises customer of the best solution.
- Knowledge of product specifications and use, informs customer and anticipates needs associated with parts.
- Receives incoming calls from customers and assists customer in defining their product need, resolving customer issues, placing new orders, and/or providing quotes for future orders.
- Utilizes established software program to verify or create customer account, maintain documentation of past orders, quotes, pricing and discounts with high degree of accuracy.
- Quotes price, availability and delivery options to customer with follow-up documentation sent to customer and maintains quote pending file with high degree of accuracy.
- Receives customer confirmation of quote and initiates purchase order.
- Tracks and resolves customer complaints regarding incorrect or delayed shipments. Investigates errors and follow up to reduce future errors.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Mechanical aptitude regarding parts, their use, application and limitations in order to make recommendations to customer
- Strong analytical abilities needed to research product literature, evaluate existing customer equipment/operations and develop new solutions
- Computer literacy: software navigation, e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet development.
- Strong customer focus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering related field or equivalent experience desired.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience with industrial automation products preferable.
Join an industry leader!
When you join the NEFF team, you'll be joining a team of automation experts that has been growing and thriving for almost a century! Our exclusive focus is providing superb service and innovative solutions that our customers cannot find anywhere else. NEFF is a fourth-generation family-owned business dedicated to the success of both its customers and its employees and offers a substantial compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan
- And more!
If this sounds like the right fit for you, APPLY TODAY! Our customers expect the best Technical Customer Service Representatives, so that's all we hire!
TechnologyView all jobs at Neff Automation