Technical Sales Representative
- $70,000 to $130,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Technical Sales Representative
Our Salespeople live in or within a 30-minute drive of their territory, making day trips from their home office to customer sites, and are home for dinner 99% of the time. We get you started and keep you going with Neff University and uncompromised Technical Support.
We need a Tech Sales Rep who can use his or her sales and/or technical background to take great care of our existing customers, and find and build new relationships with prospects, to increase our manufacturing customers' profitability and strengthen the NEFF Team. In return for providing our customers with the highest possible level of service and growing sales, you will receive outstanding benefits and amazing career opportunities with a leading provider of automation solutions across the Midwest and New England regions.
As a NEFF Technical Sales Representative, here's some of what you will be doing:
- Actively calling on existing and new customers in assigned territory, with a hunter mentality for growing new business.
- Work autonomously from home office located in the territory, with plenty of back-up technical support.
- Mostly day trips with few overnight expectations.
- Developing a thorough understanding of customers' business goals and objectives, operating systems, and manufacturing processes.
- Building relationships with decision-makers: making initial contact and introducing NEFF's product lines and developing a rapport to identify customer needs.
- Developing and maintaining a Customer Contact and Opportunity Database for assigned accounts.
- Monitoring Sales Activity Reports, projecting annual sales goals, preparing territorial sales forecasts, and verifying that the sales funnel supports the forecast and projected sales.
- Reviewing customer activities at least quarterly with Sales Team Leader and strategizing ways to maximize sales volumes or grow territory.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- High level of mechanical skills necessary to succeed.
- Factory automation experience highly desired.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to initiate, maintain, and develop relationships.
- Persuasiveness/closing ability.
- Computer literacy is strongly preferred.
- Living in or near the specified territory is a high priority.
Education and Experience Required:
- A relevant bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial technology, with robotics and/or PLC controls; or
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, psychology, communication, or organizational development with strong, demonstrated mechanical/technical aptitude; or
- A relevant associate degree in a related technical field with 5+ years job experience with strong, demonstrated mechanical/technical aptitude.
Join an Industry Leader!
When you join the NEFF team, you'll be joining a team of automation experts that has been growing and thriving for almost a century! Our exclusive focus is providing superb service and innovative solutions that our customers cannot find anywhere else. NEFF is a 4th-generation family-owned business dedicated to the success of both its customers and its employees, and offers a substantial compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive base salary with incentive opportunities
- Internet and cell phone allowances
- Business expense and mileage reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, dental, vision, ancillary benefits, wellness program, and community service programs available to all full-time employees.
- Retirement Savings Plan and company matching contributions
If this sounds like the right fit for you, and you live or are willing to relocate near the stated territory - APPLY TODAY! - Our customers expect the best Technical Sales Representatives, so that's all we hire!
Neff AutomationEvansville, IN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.