Neeltran, Inc. is a world leader in large scale custom DC Power Supplies ranging from 200 to 60,000 kW. We are currently recruiting for a Field Service Technician to join our team!
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Performs field service on new equipment installations, upgrades, retrofits, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and training at client/customer sites both domestic and international. Note:
Work location is flexible: If successful candidate is local to CT, position will be based out of New Milford, CT headquarters location. If successful candidate is not-local/outside CT, position will be based out of home/remote work location. If working remotely, successful candidate will be required to reside within 50 miles of major airport and must possess a valid driver’s license. Reports to Test & Field Service Manager.
- Performs Commissioning installations, Preventative Maintenance, complex trouble shooting, problem analysis and product specific service.
- Performs complex maintenance on equipment, etc.
- Must be proficient with use of test equipment, various hand tools, torque wrenches, etc.,
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs as required.
- Domestic and international travel to client/customer sites and headquarters location (CT) may vary but can be 60% of the time.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, bending & reaching as required. 50 lb. lifting and stand for 95% of the day.
- Completes documentation of all work performed – Commissioning, Preventative Maintenance, Upgrades, trouble shooting, etc.
- Two-year technical degree in power electronics, electrical engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of test/troubleshooting experience in the field of Industrial Electronics, Power Electronics, or Industrial Power Equipment.
- Familiar with the following concepts -
- AC/DC rectification and SCR (Thyristor) control.
- Single-phase and three-phase AC power.
- Test and calibration of Industrial power equipment.
- Reactor and transformer applications.
- Strong ability to read electronic schematics, comprehends specifications.
- Experience using industrial instrumentation (electro-mechanical meters and gauges).
Work location is flexible: If successful candidate is local to CT, position will be based out of New Milford, CT headquarters location. If successful candidate is not-local/outside CT, position will be based out of home/remote work location.
If working remotely, successful candidate will be required to reside within 50 miles of major airport and must possess a valid driver’s license.
Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- MS Office/computer literacy skills are required, i.e. email, word processing, spreadsheets as well as customized data acquisition software.
- Able to work independently, autonomously and productively, under minimal supervision, and work well with other individuals at all levels as well as teams.
- Candidate should be familiar with electrical safety PPE and procedures (LOTO, NFPA70E and OSHA regulations.)
Considered a Plus:
- BSEE in Electrical Engineering/Power Electronics
- Ability to make PLC program adjustments
Knowledge of programmer logic controllers (PLC) programming and hardware, embedded applications, software and hardware.