Executive Assistant to the President
Nebraska Wesleyan University Lincoln, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an individual who will work closely with the President and NWU's Chief of Staff and Administrative Assistant on a wide variety of day-to-day administrative and executive duties, special projects, and initiatives involving the President's Office and its priorities involving internal University affairs. The successful candidate will possess a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, management skills, self-motivation and discretion with sensitive information.
- Coordinate the demands on President's time and direct the daily activities of the office in collaboration with the Chief of Staff to ensure smooth and efficient operations from the President's office;
- Coordinate and assist with various project planning/management efforts for the President's Office;
- Provide thoughtful advice using substantive judgment in the analysis and interpretation of complex data to the President and Chief of Staff on operational functions to meet strategic goals;
- Execution of goals and objectives, assist with budget monitoring, and support President with problem solving;
- Instrumental in assisting the President with the ongoing development of a high-functioning and cohesive administrative leadership team;
- Participate in various meetings and serve as a technical advisor to administrative leaders regarding strategic objectives;
- Assist the President's efforts supporting the strategic plan and comprehensive fundraising campaign, setting meetings with donors and providing key information and reports to the President in advance of meetings;
- Manage the President's correspondence to NWU staff/faculty, donors, members of the President's Board of Advisors, and frequently compose and edit correspondence, reports and memorandums for the President to include proofreading and transcription;
- Assist President and Chief of Staff with meeting facilitation, conferences, and other special events both on and off campus;
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, professional development seminars, training, and/or courses as required by the President;
- Assist with monitoring institutional email account;
- Perform research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine correspondence and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature;
- Assist President in managing correspondence, coordinate and plan meetings with President's Board of Advisors, and other stakeholders of the University;
- Assist Chief of Staff with Board of Governors meeting planning and preparation;
- Monitor and draft correspondence for the President and maintain a timetable for communication regarding internal university affairs;
- Serve as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other internal offices and individuals, on a range of specified issues;
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office; develop procedures and systems that ensure productive and efficient office operation;
- Manage data storage and retrieval for Boards and other groups and individuals;
- Coordinate records systems with office staff to ensure easy retrieval of information;
- Oversee projects such as Service Awards, Christmas cards, monthly staff meetings, Commencement, Opening Week and open office hours with the President; and
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Three to five years of increasingly responsible experience as an executive assistant performing similar duties or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience drafting correspondence for a variety of constituents from an administrator, or evidence of equivalent experience;
- A precise command of grammar, punctuation, and spelling, and mastery of the English language;
- Be able to set and achieve goals related to time lines, project management, planning, scheduling, and event oversight;
- Must be able to work with students, faculty, staff and administration and understand their needs as well as utilize independent judgement on how to build relationships and respond on behalf of the President;
- Possess good interpersonal communication and listening skills, as well as advanced oral and written communication skills in one-on-one and group situations;
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills, accurate attention to details, adaptability, and ability to work with multiple interruptions;
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, Acrobat Pro, online video conferencing applications, communicative technologies and presentation software;
- Must have creative anticipation and problem-solving skills; and
- Must have the ability to work independently and with complex details.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University's mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Nebraska Wesleyan University
BusinessView all jobs at Nebraska Wesleyan University