This position will fully utilize a diverse set of skills, while immersing the employee in the mission of the Nebraska Enterprise Fund (NEF), www.nebbiz.org.
The Loan Officer/Business Mentor structures, analyzes, closes and monitors loans, as well as provides businesses with technical assistance for the Nebraska Enterprise Fund. This role requires creative structuring and resourceful partnership development to succeed in meeting the financing needs of these diverse markets of Southwest Iowa. This is a grant funded position. On-going employment is contingent upon additional or continued funding and candidate meeting annual lending production goals.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Lending Management - Responsible for assisting businesses and programs in securing gap and direct financing. Support businesses and organizations through all stages of the lending process from originating deals to assisting with applications, conducting financial analyses, underwriting and structuring loans, preparing documents with credit insights and recommendations for credit loan approval, preparing and presenting proposals with relevant insights to management and loan/credit committees, servicing loans, and proceeding with collection when necessary.
- Technical Assistance - Responsible for working with businesses and program partners to evaluate their overall financial health, determine financing needs, verify credit-readiness, and assess project feasibility. As needed, present workshops on various business management and financing topics. Ability to provide relevant and timely mentoring, coaching and technical assistance to a diverse group of businesses.
- Business Development - Responsible for cultivating relationships with banks and other local financial intermediaries. Promote increased visibility in market. Represent NEF in public forums, facilitate community outreach efforts, and build referral networks. Partner with Southwestern Iowa Entrepreneurial Committee members and organizations.
- Program Marketing - Responsible for developing strong and effective relationships with NEF's existing borrowers and cultivating new borrowers. Works well with multiple and diverse backgrounds and multicultural businesses.
- Program Research - Responsible for researching and assembling background information and materials on potential lending programs relevant to local market needs.
- Market Research - Responsible for reading, reviewing, and summarizing relevant community reports, ordinances, plans and documents related to the local market.
- Preparing Reports – Responsible for providing quarterly reports on outcomes.
- Other Duties as assigned.
This position requires:
· A passion for responsibly meeting the financing and technical assistance needs of entrepreneurs
· Demonstrated commitment to small business development
· Knowledge of business underwriting and overall portfolio management
· Excellent financial analysis skills, with outstanding attention to detail and familiarity with accounting
· Ability to deliver Business Development Skills to entrepreneurs through training, mentoring, coaching and consulting
· Exceptional written and oral communications and interpersonal skills including experience in speaking to groups
· Strong presentation skills and able to present insightful analysis with decision-making analysis to management and committees.
· Ability to work in multicultural communities and with diverse businesses
· Openness to learning new skills and systems, with an entrepreneurial work ethic
· Evidence of significant external client contact & business development skills
· Understanding of the banking and development community in SW Iowa
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a close-knit group
· Ability to take initiative and focus on results
· Strong time-management, multi-tasking and organizational abilities
· Flexibility, creativity, and patience, with imagination, enthusiasm and a sense of humor
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
· At least two (2) years of lending and credit experience
· Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, planning, public policy, public administration, or related field or equivalent experience
· Ability to travel locally year round
· Spanish skills a significant plus
This position is based in Southwest Iowa, and provides support for NEF lending throughout SW Iowa. Regular travel to visit businesses is required along with occasional air travel outside the state for training.
Interested Candidates may provide a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nebraska Enterprise Fund
Why Work Here?
Great opportunity to support and impact local small businesses and community development
Council Bluffs, IA