We are looking for a hard-working, dedicated HVAC Technician to join our growing staff. The individual in this role will be responsible for installing, inspecting, and fixing our customers’ heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. Candidates should have extensive experience handling, installing, and fixing HVAC equipment, and be comfortable working with little to no supervision.
HVAC Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
· Travel to homes and businesses on a daily basis as scheduled.
· Perform consultations with customers.
· Determine customer needs and discuss all solution methods.
· Install new heating, cooling, and ventilation systems.
· Inspect current HVAC systems for effectiveness and safety.
· Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems to increase longevity.
· Conduct performance tests with specialized tools.
· Troubleshoot current HVAC system issues.
· Repair damaged HVAC systems.
· Sell ongoing maintenance contracts to current customers.
· Keep records of customer appointments and payment transactions including invoices.
· Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources.
HVAC Technician Requirements and Qualifications:
· Customer Service: Many HVAC installers need to work directly with homeowners and building owners, maintenance workers and more. Being friendly and approachable and a good communicator is a needed skill.
· Attention to Detail: HVAC systems can be precise mechanisms. Careful observation is needed.
· Strength: HVAC installers need strength to lift heavy parts and equipment.
· Time-Management: HVAC installers make a lot of house calls. Being able to schedule jobs and keep timely appointments is important to getting repeat work.
· Troubleshooting: There are many parts within HVAC systems. Being able to ascertain the root cause of a problem and test solutions is important.
· 3-5 years apprenticeship under a journeyperson preferred.
· Certification through the Environmental Protection Agency to handle refrigerants required.
· Previous on the job training a plus.
· Strong verbal communication skills, ability to explain complex HVAC issues with customers in a way they understand.
· Critical-thinker, problem-solver.
· Must hold state driver’s license.
· Must be punctual and adhere to a daily schedule with multiple appointments in different locations.