Clinical Diabetes Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Uses clinical expertise to provide account sales support and continuing education in direct contact to patients, physicians and their staff on the technical use of insulin pump therapy and special considerations related to pump therapy in the marketplace in order to generate sales. Promote diabetes products and services by providing additional education on topics such as diabetes self-management skills, emergency management and community resources as determined by client needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educates prospects/customers regarding industry/healthcare trends, web-based solutions, services and outcomes, and/or other population health management issues.
- Schedules and delivers pump trainings for patients, customers, and health care professionals such as clinical diabetes educators, endocrinologists in order to familiarize patients, customers, and health care professionals with the benefits of pumps and related services.
- Establishes and maintains excellent professional relationships with health care professionals to support the sale of diabetes products / services.
- Conducts educational classes por patients through direct patient care that support diabetes education in relation to insulin pump therapy and other advance diabetes management skills in order to gain prospective and retain existing customers.
- Promotes sharing of relevant clinical information and trends with the sales team.
- Responsible to identify and address post-sales product issues, and additional patient education training needs.
- Attends, offers and participates in sales trainings, sales meetings, assigned conventions and trade shows in order to educate healthcare professionals among others.
- Keeps records updated in the customer relationship management (CRM) tool for all customers that were trained or oriented in the diabetes products and services.
- Ensures work is performed in compliance with company policies including Privacy/HIPPA and other regulatory, legal and safety requirements.
- Completes other assignments as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Nutritionist, Dietitian or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- Maintenance of registration and licensure through clinical education.
- Certified Diabetes Educator preferred.
- Continuing education on patient education on the technical use of insulin pump therapy and special considerations to pump therapy in the marketplace.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience coordinating and conducting diabetes education programs to patients, physicians, and health care professionals.
- One year (1) related industry experience preferred in one of the following areas: diabetes, endocrinology.
- Excellent communications skills regarding diabetes self-management skills, proper use of blood glucose monitoring equipment, carbohydrate counting instruction, medication management, chronic complications, emergency management and community resources.
- Ability to relate effectively with patients, referral resources and health care professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to coach customers on a one on one basis to answer questions and resolve product related issues.
- Skilled at presenting educational material in a clear, concise manner to various audiences.
- Able to react to changing situations in a timely, calm and confident manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software proffered.
- Able to travel at 70% of the time locally visiting health care professionals. Must maintain a valid Puerto Rico driver’s license.
- Fully Bilingual English/Spanish.
Nazareno Services is an Equal Opportunity- Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Nazareno Services Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Nazareno Services Inc