Paralegals at the Nawrocki Center for Elder Law, Special Needs & Disability Planning, PLLC, are the backbone to the law practice. They handle the administrative responsibilities and are responsible for every aspect of the cases/clients they are assigned. One of the main functions a paralegal performs is meeting with clients directly on their matter. As such, it is important for the paralegal to be comfortable around people of all ages, especially when clients are experiencing emotional and stressful situations.
The paralegal is responsible for preparing any and all documents relating to the following areas of law: guardianships, conservatorships, estate planning, Medicaid planning, and other matters related to elder law. The paralegal works directly with clients to obtain the facts and documentation necessary in order to effectively accomplish clients’ goals and completing matters.
- Experience working with law office programs such as Time Matters, Time Slips, and HotDocs
- Perform legal research using online forums for various legal matters, such as probate law and Medicaid law
- 1+ year(s) experience working in an Estate Planning law firm
- Must have experience working in a law office
- Must be able to multi-task and accomplish tasks efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision
- Must be able to prioritize client needs while meeting strict deadlines
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be self-motivating with ability to problem solve while not fearing to ask for help
- Must possess an open-minded and positive attitude
- Must work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Must possess willingness to participate in community outreach events
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour
When clients come to us for legal assistance, they are usually facing significant stress and anxiety. We use our extensive experience and knowledge to put our clients at ease while we work together to find the best solutions available to meet their needs.
After practicing elder law in Michigan for decades, we are uniquely qualified to help our clients protect their assets, prepare for the future and take care of their families as they get older.