Responsible for the front desk operations, lobby appearance, guest service, office operations, etc. Position will be required to work all shifts including holidays as scheduled. Communicates with all Navy Lodge personnel and chain of command concerning operations, guest issues or situations that require immediate attention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front Desk Operations - Assists guests in person or via telephonic contact for all communication including, but not limited to, room reservations and/or cancellations, payments, questions, check-in, check-out process, collecting payments, authorized patron verification, guest room assignments, credit card processing, express check out requirements, etc.
- Reconciles daily transactions of all accounts and outlets of the Navy Lodge ensuring complete balancing while maintaining guest service at all times. Executes night audit functions.
- Applies knowledge of Navy Lodge standard operating procedures, processes, and rules governing patron eligibility.
- Interacts with patrons and receives and resolves customer complaints. Utilizes judgment and understanding of policies and procedures to better assist patrons and resolve complaints and issues to includes, but not limited to: upgrading patrons room type, adjusting room fee, adjusting check-in and/or check-out times consistent with Navy Lodge Policy; refers unusual issues to immediate supervisor for assistance.
- Handles all stages of guest's stay, accommodating special request as needed and resolving issues that may arise.
- Issues room keys, sorts incoming mail and messages and deposits guest valuables in safety-deposit boxes.
- Operates telephone switchboard taking and delivering messages as required and answers inquiries pertaining to Navy Lodge services, base facilities, area attractions and travel directions.
- Responsible for lobby appearance including cleaning, mopping, dusting, organization, presentation, etc. and all assigned work areas.
- Responsible for assigned pass key, properly logs in and out using Navy Lodge key log record. For security reasons must report lost key immediately to Supervisor.
- Responsible for care and upkeep of Navy Lodge issued uniform items, i.e. name tags, shoes, jackets etc. and assigned work equipment i.e. radios, power/hand tools, etc.
- Greets and welcomes guests (upon sight or within 10 feet) while performing outstanding guest relations.
- Utilizes a computerized Property Management System (PMS) and takes inquiries and reservations from authorized patrons. Provides information regarding facilities, location and surrounding area and produces reports. Input statistical data and reviews same for accuracy. Data is used in developing appropriate guest history and operational reports
- Operate POS to record sales from convenience store. May assist in maintaining and stocking adequate supply levels
- Reconciles daily transactions of all accounts, ensuring complete balance accuracy while maintaining customer services at all times.
- Ensures all wake up calls are handled promptly and properly. Types any miscellaneous memos/correspondences required in the course of performing job duties/responsibilities.
- Complete bank deposits, mail pick up mail, collect money bags, and other required services.
- Exchange, maintain rotating change fund and daily log of moneys received and deposited. Maintains all records and access to Guest Safety Deposit Boxes.
- Responsible for the set-up and breakdown/clean-up of the complimentary "self-service" breakfast bar and other events in the lobby area. Ensures surrounding area is returned to its original state and free of all left-over food by the end of designated breakfast hour.
- May be required to assist with set-up and breakdown of chairs and tables used during special functions, and clean immediate and surrounding area upon the conclusion of the event.
- Required to assist in laundry facility and issue/ deliver guests supplies to guests.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Required to obtain certain certifications as necessary in connection with performing job duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
One (1) year of general office clerical experience that demonstrated the ability to perform clerical duties satisfactorily.
One (1) year progressively responsible experience related to the position to be filled....