Job Summary: Serves as the application administrator for a variety of Store System (SS) software applications running on a variety of hardware environments.
Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as liaison between the helpdesk, systems administrators, database administrators and functional (Store) users.
- Installs and configures STORE SYSTEMS application software.
- Sets/manages application parameters for all STORE SYSTEMS.
- Point of contact between application vendors, database administrators and systems administrators for application functionality and configuration.
- Troubleshoots technical STORE SYSTEMS applications problems and coordinates resolution of problems with other support groups.
- Assists in implementation of security strategy for the application based on requirements.
- Monitors STORE SYSTEMS applications for performance problems and coordinate resolutions with other support groups.
- Obtains regular processing reports to check for errors, assess/analyze errors and distinguishes between databases, application and customized application problems.
- Monitor, coordinate and install vendor provided Store Systems applications software patches, cyclical releases and major upgrades.
- Assist with developing stategy for the installation of major releases.
- Assist in providing supporting documentation for Store Systems.
- Perform impact analysis on all patches prior to installation.
- Provides technical support for interfaces.
- Respond to Service Desk Requests within the parameters set forth by NEXCOM SLA's.
- Ensure/implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Information Assurance Workforce Certifications (IAM1 jobs): SECNAV M-5239.2, DoN, Information Assurance (IA) Workforce Manual requires incumbents of this position to possess, and maintain current, one of the following Certifications: GIAC Information Security Fundamentals (GISF), GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC), Security , or one of the following higher level certifications: Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
NEXCOM preferred certification is Security
Candidates without the required certification may be placed into this job, but must obtain the required certification within 6 months of appointment; failure to obtain this requirement will result in termination of employment.
This position is designated IT-2 (Non-critical Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable Access National Agency Check and Inquiries (ANACI).
Qualified candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience in administrative, technical or investigative work which demonstrated the ability and aptitudes required to perform technical, managerial or analytical work involving management information systems.
SUBSTITUTION OF EXPERIENCE FOR EDUCATION: One year of related academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressively responsible experience in requirements gathering, documentation, business & systems design and implementation. Standard development processes, operating systems, database languages, and programming languages and tools, preferably Oracle, JAVA, and Linux / Unix. Hands on experience administering store-based applications, specifically point of sale / service, store inventory management, cash office management, and loss prevention applications. Applicants must possess technical abilities in application administration.