Job Summary: Serves as a release management application administrator for software applications running in a variety of hardware environments.
Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between the helpdesk, systems administrators, database administrators and functional users.
- Installs and configures application software.
- Sets and manages application parameters for all assigned applications.
- Serves as a point of contact between application administrators, database administrators and systems administrators for application functionality and configuration.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and coordinates resolution of problems with other support groups.
- Assists in implementation of security strategy for the application based on requirements.
- Monitors release management tools and utilities for performance problems and coordinates resolutions with other support groups.
- Obtains regular processing reports to check for errors, assess/analyze errors and distinguishes between databases, application and customized application problems.
- Monitors, coordinates and installs vendor provided application software patches, cyclical releases and major upgrades.
- Assists with developing strategies for the installation of major releases.
- Assists in providing supporting documentation for assigned systems.
- Perform impact analysis on all patches prior to installation.
- Provides technical support for interfaces.
- Respond to service desk requests within the parameters set forth by NEXCOMs Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements.
- Ensure/implement the rigorous application of Information Security/Information Assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of Systems, Applications and/or Services (Hardware & Software).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
IAM1 jobs: This position is designated IT-2 (Non-critical Sensitive) in accordance with SECNAV M-5510.30 and will require a favorable Access National Agency Check and Inquiries (ANACI). Department of the Navy (DON) Cyber Information Technology / Cybersecurity Workforce positions (Cyber IT/CSWF).
This position has been designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position in specialty area 45 and as a condition of employment incumbents of this position are required to comply with the DON Cyber IT/CSWF Program requirements of SECNAV M-5239.2, which include:
1. Earn and maintain appropriate credentials from the Cyber IT/CSWF Qualification Matrix (described in SECNAV M-5239.2) associated with the specialty area and level commensurate with the scope of major assigned duties for the position to which you are assigned, and;
2. Per SECNAVINST 1543.2, Cyber IT/CSWF individuals shall participate annually in 40 hours of continuous learning (CL) activities to be documented in a current individual development plan (IDP) signed by both the employee and supervisor.
3. Required Minimum Cybersecurity Credentials, in order of precedence, to qualify for the position are:
- a. Education (at least one of the following):
i. Bachelor Degree from accredited University (subject matter as listed in SECNAV M-5239.2 Appendix 4)
ii. CNSSI/NTSSI 4015 - Systems Certifiers / 4016 - Risks Analysts Or
- b. Training (at least one of the following):
i. CYBR1005 Security Essentials ...