Marine Electronics Field Service Technician/Engineer
Job tasks involve installing, repairing, inspecting and servicing various shipboard electronic navigation & communication equipment such as Radar, ECDIS, Gyrocompass, Steering & Autopilots, VDR, GMDSS, AIS, GPS, Speed Logs, Fathometer, and Satellite communication/TVRO. Candidates should be proficient with PC operation & maintenance, have a strong knowledge of electronics and be physically fit as the work often involves climbing ladders and masts, working at heights, and carrying 20 – 50 lbs. Candidates should be highly motivated fast learners, self- starters and able to work with minimal supervision.
Requirements include having an FCC GMDSS Radio Operator/Maintainer License with Ship Radar Endorsement, or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment. Formal electronics training, preferably with a minimum of 2 years related experience is a plus.
* Overtime, domestic and international travel as required.
This is an hourly position with Overtime after 40hrs/week and premium pay holidays and Sundays.
Compensation range is $50K and up depending on education, experience and qualifications.
The position includes a benefits package.
Travel is required and the position requires a reliable vehicle, drivers license and passport
The applicant must be able to pass a background check for TWIC and Entrance to secure government facilities.
This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations.
Specialized Training is provided and requires periodic re-certification which the employer will schedule and provide.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22C.F.R. §120.15 "US Person" includes US Citizen or lawful permanent resident.
We are currently seeking a Marine Electrician! You will strive to provide safe electrical systems for a variety of customers.
- Install and repair electrical equipment and fixtures
- Install various types of raceway and cable tray systems
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- Previous experience in electrical engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills